Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411420 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 18, 2024, 12:02:20 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSmelted Kin: Inhuman Impact - Looking for feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Smelted Kin: Inhuman Impact - Looking for feedback  (Read 885 times)
MicrobatStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2021, 11:53:44 PM »

Smelted Kin: Inhuman Impact
Sci-fi 2D shooter platformer

• Move on the planet's surface in an armored vehicle through unfriendly inhabitants, robots and harsh atmospheric conditions
  • Explore abandoned and active colonial buildings with your character to unlock the path further on the surface
  • Improve your character and vehicle abilities with the help of your companion - a humanoid android
  • Non-stop action in outdoor locations and exploration gameplay in indoor areas
  • Creepy atmosphere and surreal creatures are present to some extent

SCREENSHOTS

DEMO Itch.io
DEMO Game Jolt

More Information
Twitter
Website
IndieDB
YouTube
Steam
Telegram

Looking for feedback!  Thanks Smiley

« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 01:07:20 AM by MicrobatStudio » Logged

Piaworthy
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 04:28:04 AM »

Hi MicrobatStudio,

I liked what I played and the game ran smoothly on my laptop (GTX 1650, core i5). A few little things could perhaps be tweaked, for example, turning the tank around results in quite a stuttery camera angle change, which is jarring considering the smoothness exhibited elsewhere. The music is good and fitting, however it is maybe a little bit repetitive, perhaps some more variation within each track would be nice. This is all subjective though. I found some potential bugs when navigating menus, particularly with an Xbox One Gamepad. For example, I tried to remap jump from LB to A, which resulted in the directional icons disappearing from their place, even though I wasn't editing the movement controls. When I resumed gameplay, using the analogue stick to move resulted in my tank jumping, which was a bit weird. It was hard to recreate this specific bug, but in general controller remapping results in some weird behaviour. In menus, certain buttons seemed to be permanently highlighted, making it hard to see what I'm selecting. Also, the reset to default pop-up couldn't be properly controlled as my inputs via my controller were navigating the menus behind the pop-up. Also, the reset controller settings to default pop-up menu sometimes refuses to go away, being shown over the top of the gameplay. I realise this isn't a holistic take on the game, as these issues are small and quite specific. However I thought I'd flag them up in order to be helpful in some way. I did enjoy the game proper however. It was smooth, and I liked the aesthetic and how intuitive everything was. I thought the intro scene was really cool and atmospheric too. Hope some of this helps!
MicrobatStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 12:20:58 AM »

Hi MicrobatStudio,

I liked what I played and the game ran smoothly on my laptop (GTX 1650, core i5). A few little things could perhaps be tweaked, for example, turning the tank around results in quite a stuttery camera angle change, which is jarring considering the smoothness exhibited elsewhere. The music is good and fitting, however it is maybe a little bit repetitive, perhaps some more variation within each track would be nice. This is all subjective though. I found some potential bugs when navigating menus, particularly with an Xbox One Gamepad. For example, I tried to remap jump from LB to A, which resulted in the directional icons disappearing from their place, even though I wasn't editing the movement controls. When I resumed gameplay, using the analogue stick to move resulted in my tank jumping, which was a bit weird. It was hard to recreate this specific bug, but in general controller remapping results in some weird behaviour. In menus, certain buttons seemed to be permanently highlighted, making it hard to see what I'm selecting. Also, the reset to default pop-up couldn't be properly controlled as my inputs via my controller were navigating the menus behind the pop-up. Also, the reset controller settings to default pop-up menu sometimes refuses to go away, being shown over the top of the gameplay. I realise this isn't a holistic take on the game, as these issues are small and quite specific. However I thought I'd flag them up in order to be helpful in some way. I did enjoy the game proper however. It was smooth, and I liked the aesthetic and how intuitive everything was. I thought the intro scene was really cool and atmospheric too. Hope some of this helps!

Hi Piaworthy,
Thanks for the download and feedback, it is really valuable to us.
The demo has been updated

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 11:17:10 AM »

Hi MicrobatStudio,

I played your game.  I tried to record it, but my recording corrupted  Facepalm

Things I liked:
- The art is beautiful
- The game controls very well
- I like that the on-foot levels were non-linear
- The guns and explosions had a lot of polish
- I think the difficulty was perfect

I think these could use work:
- I didn't like that I ran out of ammo and had to wait for it to refill
- The music was a bit repetitive
- I liked the mechanic of kicking the mine to destroy an enemy shield.  I found it a little simple.  I think it would be neat if you could kick more things (like a thrown grenade) or if the character could pick up mines and hold them for a period of time.

Overall I really enjoyed it.  This is one of those games where I stopped because I had something else to do, not because I got bored or frustrated.  Great job!
MicrobatStudio
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2021, 11:16:39 PM »

Hi MicrobatStudio,

I played your game.  I tried to record it, but my recording corrupted  Facepalm

Things I liked:
- The art is beautiful
- The game controls very well
- I like that the on-foot levels were non-linear
- The guns and explosions had a lot of polish
- I think the difficulty was perfect

I think these could use work:
- I didn't like that I ran out of ammo and had to wait for it to refill
- The music was a bit repetitive
- I liked the mechanic of kicking the mine to destroy an enemy shield.  I found it a little simple.  I think it would be neat if you could kick more things (like a thrown grenade) or if the character could pick up mines and hold them for a period of time.

Overall I really enjoyed it.  This is one of those games where I stopped because I had something else to do, not because I got bored or frustrated.  Great job!

Hi jbarrios,
Thanks for playing and for taking the time to give such detailed feedback

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic