Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:46:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNazi hunter sim demo needs some feedback
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nazi hunter sim demo needs some feedback  (Read 680 times)
PsyRob
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2021, 04:39:30 AM »

Hello, dear colleagues!

What we’re making now is an espionage thriller that is set in the Cold war era.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After WWII, numerous Nazis managed to slip through the cracks and escape overseas. Like rats, they scattered around the world to hide in shadows believing that the long arm of justice will never reach them. However, this is one fatal delusion.
In the late 1950s, a private investigative organization has been formed. INCU (International Nazi Crime Unit) has only one specific goal in mind: to find such criminals and get them back for a fair trial.

You will assume the role of an officer that is looking for a group of the most rotten scoundrels. In the past, all of them committed extremely heinous crimes which are still left unpunished. Your goal is to find their trail, gather all the possible evidence, and finally bring them to justice.

Easier said than done, though. There is another new force that has just appeared out of nowhere – «Ashland». Unfortunately, these people will stop at nothing in their decisive effort to help runaway Nazis…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are some gameplay screenshots:

Demo is on Steam already:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1174680/Ashland_Dossier/

Here is a video too:

Also, what do you think about this topic/concept?
And another question is what are your favorite detective/investigation games? Which has the best story and/or gameplay?

Thanx for your attention! Hopefully, we’ll have some answers here )

RichSG
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 10:42:17 PM »

hey, I played your demo on steam. Here are some thoughts:

• Really liked the art style & sound FX, they really help build the atmosphere
  • Liked the opening animation to set the scene
  • Feels like lots of clicking through text to get to the first bit of gameplay. I know it's building character relationships etc but I was keen to get to some gameplay!
  • the recon mission on 'Betty' was fun. First mission felt a bit short as I wanted to keep playing that mechanic, it's a great idea that really helps build the tension and feels like you're co-ordinating agents on the ground
  • Seems like there's no way to avoid not failing the mission, but it's a bit annoying to essentially be forced to fail the mission then be told you're rubbish when it's not your fault Wink I would suggest letting players successfully pass this, then blame the agent for being captured from their own mistake
  • It might just be me but I couldn't get past the first decipher challenge. It's very cryptic. maybe a hint system could help? I really didn't know what to look for. Also I had to work out the date format myself by seeing how high the numbers went - maybe add some UX to make this clear to players which is D/M/YY?
  • I had to stop because I couldn't figure out the decipher bit, and tbh it was never really clear what to look for on the page. maybe a bit more guidance with this first one?

Overall it has some really cool concepts and an interesting core mechanic around the 'Betty' device and the art/sound really helped with the immersion. nice one!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic