Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:18:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDust: Battle Beneath
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Dust: Battle Beneath  (Read 1067 times)
Gunroar:Cannon()
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2021, 10:03:57 AM »

This is a game made with love2d 11.3 that's available for mac, windows, linux, android and IOS. The game itself can be tested on any of these platforms and is meant for both Desktop and Android(mostly desktop). You need love2d 11.3 to get it to work. It can run on anything with above 500mb RAM I think(not so good with all this requirement stuff, anything that runs love2d can run this. Big maps need more RAM).

Dust: Battle Beneath is a 2D sidescroller competitive shooter set in the underground. Mock Anger

I put a lot of work into this. Please tell me what you think  Smiley
Features :
--less buggy bots
--bots with "personality"/physical traits and special names
--desktop support
--touch support
--key configuration
--building
--shooting
--different bullets and blocks, like flying bullet and iron blocks
--turrets
-- character customization
--half baked tutorial(will update it)
--gore
--shooting with mouse
--fog of war(can be turned on or off)
--local multiplayer over wifi

Customize!

Some help on android/touch screen
-The left joystick is for moving and jumping, right joystick is for shooting.
-The top left panels are for changing bullets if you collected any more from crates.
-If you have to many bullets and want to collect a fourth one, tap on one you want to replace with that 4th one(you can only carry 3 max.
-Top left panels are for tiles, you can collect those small tiles that drop when you shoot a wall. Play tutorial to learn more.
-Arrows next to right joystick are for placing blocks. Please give critique on controls ,ui and graphics as well as gameplay.

====

There are two types of bots, ones that snipe(kind of, they give you space), and ones that are all up in your face (in process of fixing).

It's still in development. I want to add more stuff, with online multiplayer, better bots, fixing the game modes, better tutorial, more bullets and blocks and more bug fixes, but I want some feedback now that it's a little playable.

Tell me what you think.  Well, hello there!
Please tell me any complaints/issues or any things you liked Beg
Also, if the screen resolution or art is weird or you found bugs let me know.
I would also like to know how the movement all seemed and how the bots are to you so far.

I also plan on expanding it with a story mode that plays like a roguelite(permadeath and floors, but it's a shooter), how does that sound?

THE GAME (.love file) CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE!

Read to learn how to run with love2d
Origional post with more pizzazz here.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 09, 2021, 09:03:18 AM by Gunroar:Cannon() » Logged

The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 03:32:34 PM »

Hey!
1) Reminds me of old Liero. Kinda. And yet I almost did not try it. Because what the hell is LÖVE? Don't push people into downloading frameworks that nobody knows. Tongue
2) It moves nicely except the up movement - the wall climb seems too fast and the sounds gets super glitchy.
3) I'm not sure what resolution it's meant to be in, but on my 1920x1080, the avatar was barely a centimeter tall and I saw the entire level - kinda felt like its zoomed out (but I dont know).
4) The buttons in main menu feel unresponsive (had to click several times).
5) The AI needs some work, it's really weird to play against... it just glues itself onto you while spamming the gun, I'm not even entirely sure how to counter it, and it's kinda akward to watch thanks to the fact that the normal weapons are super-weak.

I hope these notes help a bit - I'm a fan of all shooters! Good luck. Smiley
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 02:21:58 PM »

Hey!
1) Reminds me of old Liero. Kinda. And yet I almost did not try it. Because what the hell is LÖVE? Don't push people into downloading frameworks that nobody knows. Tongue
2) It moves nicely except the up movement - the wall climb seems too fast and the sounds gets super glitchy.
3) I'm not sure what resolution it's meant to be in, but on my 1920x1080, the avatar was barely a centimeter tall and I saw the entire level - kinda felt like its zoomed out (but I dont know).
4) The buttons in main menu feel unresponsive (had to click several times).
5) The AI needs some work, it's really weird to play against... it just glues itself onto you while spamming the gun, I'm not even entirely sure how to counter it, and it's kinda akward to watch thanks to the fact that the normal weapons are super-weak.

I hope these notes help a bit - I'm a fan of all shooters! Good luck. Smiley
Oh Yesssssssssss, O even forgot about this and missed this comment for a while, sorry!

Thank you soooo much ... ... Dark...gran? Tongue .

Yes, Thank you for getting löve(love2d framework) even though it may have been a hastle.  Tears of Joy

2) Up movement-Yes! I will work on it! Thanks!
3) I don't even know anything about resolutions! I vill learn! Wizard
4) Hmmm..weird. I wonder if it's main-main or submain(sections, like play and training) or all.
5) Oh my, I've been working for bots for a looong time (making them defend themselves and run away from the player and give the player space). Hopefully getting them smarter.

I've been addig more stuff like gas and levels so it can be roguelikeish.

Thank you so much for the analysis!!

Devlog

-How to be saved
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 12:08:26 PM »

Oh, yes. This "Liero", I haven't heard of it for one day Tongue until you said it, then I searched it. Is it good and fun? It seems so. If it is do you think there should be anything I should add or take from my game, based off what Liero might have done right or wrong? I can't play it right now to tell how the game is so could you pls be descriptive? Smiley

-How to be saved
ROSSCOGames
Level 0

CEO of ROSSCO Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 02:50:39 AM »

The art style reminds me of Adobe Flash Tongue

I tried to make a recorded review, but for some reason Camtasia couldn't capture the window, so I'll give you a written one instead. The AI needs work. I got pinned into a corner by them many a-time. Not sure what else you want me to say about this game ha ha. Reminds me of the golden age of the internet.

Check out the games on my website!

Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 02:48:51 AM »

Adobe flash...Is that a good thing or ...?

How about the controls (atleast when you configure...)?

Don't worry! The game is getting a lot of improvements everywhere, just needed to get it out there.
devlog Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 08:18:36 AM by Gunroar:Cannon() » Logged

-How to be saved
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic