Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411498 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 08:02:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingTroop Commander: Slime Invasion
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Troop Commander: Slime Invasion  (Read 677 times)
wizgames
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2021, 01:41:18 PM »

Troop Commander is a tower defense/RTS game about defending against hordes of attacking slimes. Command an army and build towers and tanks to defend against the slime invasion.  I'm still improving the game so any feedback is appreciated.

Try the demo here: https://wizgames.itch.io/troop-commander-slime-invasion
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 06:16:49 PM »

Hey wizgames,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

Dreadpon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2021, 05:47:26 AM »

This game definetly held my attention without being boring or overstretched. Good hit feedbacks and sound effects helped as well. It felt a bit hard though, with pacing ramping up as soon as level 2.

What I liked:
  • Juicy hit feedback and sound. Really sold the game to me
  • Frienfly fire was interesting to see. Didn't have much time to properly consider it though
  • Tank. It's a tank (duh)

What I disliked:
  • No pause. Seems easily fixable, but with such a fast-paced, but long-round game seems essential
  • Too fast-paced for my liking. Absolutely no time to strategize, at which point you just buy whatever you have time to reach with your mouse. Could at the very least use some breathing room after each wave. As well as simple ways in-between hard ones
  • Not sure if game is balanced or not, since I had no time to experiment with towers and their upgrades. That said, rocket seems overpowered with not much reason to buy anything else.

Really enjoyed it first few minutes in, but got a bit grounded by the difficulty and inability to properly strategize.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic