Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:49:57 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting If You win … You lose !
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: If You win … You lose !  (Read 3021 times)
Bioshk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2023, 02:53:25 AM »

Hello my dear friend michaelplzno Smiley ,

First of all thank you for your encouragement once again and thank you for your very relevant remarks and sorry for having answered so late because I was busy.

Regarding the little difference between the background and the foreground, I admit that I realized it quickly but the problem as like I had said before is that I am by default a simple developer and not a graphic designer so I'm trying somehow to take care of the graphics on my own, even though it's not quite there yet, I'll try to correct it later, but it's not a win-win situation.

For the second point, are you talking about the similarity of the rotation mechanism between my previous project if you win...you lose and that of the demo ?

because it is true at first sight yes there is  may be a resemblance but by playing these two games, you will discover that these two concepts are very different during gameplay or even diametrically opposed.

then, if possible, I would also like to discover your own projects because I am also intrigued since you seem an experienced and well-advised developer from your previous remarks.

at the end I wish you a very good day, a very good weekend and good luck for your own projects and see you soon.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2023, 08:40:19 AM »

Re similarity: its different gameplay but it seems like because you use the same main character and environment the games are part of the same experience.

On my stuff:

There is my vanity reel about the project's I've done. I also worked at the Firaxis studio on a Civilization game.

Bioshk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2023, 12:20:25 AM »

Excellent work, it's really very interesting and good luck for your next projects.

Regarding the similarity between my last two games, yes there is indeed enough similarity of environment and assets for the following reasons:

-given that the playability of the demo depends on the height of the levels and because I am not at all inspired on the graphic side, I thought that the interior of a castle could be the best possible environment for the demo.

-then concerning the player, I found it very difficult to create a new character, especially on the animation side, so I kept the old character temporarily for the moment but that won't be the case for the final version of the project.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2023, 03:43:03 PM »

Well, I think it can be a cool thing to make multiple games with the same characters:

I designed a set of star characters that I use in a lot of projects. I was hoping that they would sort of be like Mario and I could make multiple games with the same characters. Nothing I do seems to work out the way I hope. If I were you I would hope that the GDC hive mind takes mercy on you and see if you can get some traction at networking events. I hate such events with a passion, but literally everyone says ya gotta go to GDC.

Bioshk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2023, 01:58:52 AM »

I think so too, although it was not intentional on my part as I had explained previously.

creating mascots is ideally the best thing to do, I think you shouldn't give up because even if in some cases it didn't work, it will work better with other projects.

Regarding the GDC it is a very good idea.

Maybe next year because I think it's almost impossible for me for this year.

Otherwise, would you be interested in working together on a video game project in the future (and not currently because as I said I'm quite busy at the moment).

Finally, it's not even certain that the demo project will be my next project, it's just one proc among others and I have lots of other ideas for many other projects.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2023, 07:05:59 AM »

I'm much more interested in being on other people's teams if I get to do art, level design, music, game design, writing, character design or basically anything other than coding.

I did the art on this one:

https://red-cube-gamedev.itch.io/what-should-the-name-be

And some level design. For example.

Bioshk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2023, 01:25:13 AM »

That's good, I'm also looking for partners in the areas you mentioned above.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic