Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1395452 Posts in 67264 Topics- by 60346 Members - Latest Member: ShreddedTemple

September 24, 2021, 05:12:30 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralConnections Of Game Development
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Connections Of Game Development  (Read 198 times)
IodineProx
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2021, 01:55:01 AM »

We are currently looking at developing a game called 'Relic'. An adventure/simulation game set in the Ancient times of the world. Find out more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/relic/

I wanted to build a game business with people who all have different skills in the field of game development. Script Writers, Script Writing, Concept Art, 3D Design and Unity Development. I want to grow the business "Sedimentary Studios" into something bigger then a one man team. Only to take it the kindness of strangers and people who are looking for a team environment to create something spectacular!

So, if you want to join in and have fun but also make new friends and show off your skills. Then send us a message! :D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 02:15:51 AM by IodineProx » Logged
michaelplzno
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 02:42:03 PM »

So, I'm a gamedev and sometimes I do jams with other people. I did the project COMBINE.IT with a really nice and friendly kid who did the code, and I helped with the design and art.

The way you are presenting this project makes it seem like you want a group of servants to make your game a reality, and that you will provide very little on your end to actually help in any way. So lets just talk about risk and reward in business: (This should probably be moved to the business section anyway) you are asking people who are devs to take a pretty big risk (teaming up with you on a project that has only a name and a font made of it so far) for what rewards exactly? Its a bad deal any way you look at it. Are you going to pay the developers up front? Why would anyone hitch their wagon to your star? There is no reason at all for someone to risk it on you and I'd be worried if anyone took your offer. Even if a dev was going to team up with you just because you are a friendly guy who is fun to work with, you haven't demonstrated that here either.

Things that might make your collab more appealing:
You are offering payment up front, or have an investor who is willing to pay developers up front.
You have a working demo of your game that is very impressive, and already has interest from publishers/famous people/etc.
You are actually going to do work other than just boss everyone on the team around, that is you are going to do PR or art or code or something other than just being bossy.

Even if you had written this post as "I'm looking to do anything I can to make it in games and will do whatever *you* say to get my foot in the door" I wouldn't be interested too much because you would likely be more trouble than you are worth, so you are trying to convince people to join *your* team with this weak nothing of a pitch?

Sorry I had to burst your bubble, but I thought this post would be better than just getting no replies.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic