Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1395452 Posts in 67264 Topics- by 60346 Members - Latest Member: ShreddedTemple

September 24, 2021, 04:41:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingUnnamed Rollercoaster Game – arcade coaster riding all around small islands
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unnamed Rollercoaster Game – arcade coaster riding all around small islands  (Read 151 times)
Dreadpon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 25, 2021, 07:53:39 AM »

Unnamed Rollercoaster Building Game

It's a game about shaping and riding a rollercoaster without manually building it with your mouse.
Fast-paced and challenging, it should take you on a breathtaking tour through diverse levels (only 2 for now).

I say ‘should’ because it’s still a pre-alpha, and I’d very much like to hear your thoughts and opinions on how the game feels and plays.
I’m currently at the crossroads deciding which direction the game should take.
More like flying? More like momentum-riding? What to add, what to take?
The visuals are purely placeholder for now.

Link for itch.io Windows 64-bit build (26 mb)
Other platforms are not supported at the moment.
It should take you about 10-20 minutes to complete (or at least form an opinion).

If my request feels too generalized, here’s a few specific questions you can answer that would help me:
  • Does the game seem fun to you? Would you play it? Why or why not?
  • Do you think the theme is interesting? Is it well-represented in the game? Does gameplay compliment it well?
  • What you felt was lacking to make the theme shine the most?
  • Can you recall a game/experience that felt similar? What made it feel better? What made it feel worse?
  • Name a thing you liked most about the game.
  • Name a thing you hated most about the game.
  • Imagine you can change any 3 things about the game. What would they be?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 08:22:59 AM by Dreadpon » Logged
jbarrios
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 07:59:12 PM »

Hey Dreadpon,

I played your game.

Things I liked:
- It controls well.  I like the way the cart accelerates when going down and slows when going up
- I like the aesthetic
- Doing barrel rolls is fun

I think these could use improvement:
- Calling it a Rollercoaster building game seems strange.  It felt more like a flight sim.
- It was hard.  I wasn't able to get past the first level.

Does the game seem fun to you? Would you play it? Why or why not?
  It seems like it could be fun.  I felt a bit discouraged to play it because I couldn't get past the first level.

Do you think the theme is interesting? Is it well-represented in the game? Does gameplay compliment it well?
  The theme is interesting, but like I said it doesn't seem to match the gameplay.  I think marketing as an arcade flight sim could be just an interesting.  Maybe like crazy taxi in the sky.

What you felt was lacking to make the theme shine the most?
  The level could have been a bit more interesting.  I hope the level replays your movement after completion so you can "ride" the roller coaster.

Can you recall a game/experience that felt similar? What made it feel better? What made it feel worse?
  Crazy taxi, Pilot wings, Crimson Skies.  Those game had more polish.  Yours had better controls.

Name a thing you liked most about the game.
  The controls and movement.

Name a thing you hated most about the game.
  Too difficult

Imagine you can change any 3 things about the game. What would they be?
  - Start the player off with easier levels & a longer tutorial
  - Either rebrand as an arcade flight sim or lean harder into the rollercoaster theme

Overall I think it has a lot of potential
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic