Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411487 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 11:57:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsLittle Internet Creatures
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Little Internet Creatures  (Read 1824 times)
roBurky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2009, 05:07:23 PM »

I've been using this project to teach myself Flash and actionscript.

It's been going a little aimlessly. Whereas with my previous practice games, I was all sensible, working out the minimum I would need for a playable game and getting that done first, this time I just had a massively ambitious idea, then started to see how much of it I could get done, in no particular order.

Which is how I've ended up at a state with wandering emotional creatures with individual personalities and randomised atomic conversations, but haven't gotten around to figuring out menus and switching between screens and the like.

I'm hoping starting a thread like this might help me get back to finishing this up, instead of spending all day worrying about my other responsibilities.
shig
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 05:29:23 PM »

So um, what exactly is your goal?
What does the player have control of?
roBurky
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 06:00:04 PM »

It's like a life simulation toy. The player is just a disembodied cursor prodding and dragging creatures and objects around, with the creatures reacting to the cursor as if it was the player. They watch it if it comes close to them, move away from it if scared of it, and so on.

No goal currently, but I have a couple of ideas for puzzles that I could implement. They wouldn't be the focus of it, though. The idea is it's just something that you would play and experiment with until you got bored of it.
ஒழுக்கின்மை (Paul Eres)
Level 10

Also known as रिंकू.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 06:51:46 PM »

in concept it reminds me of little computer people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Computer_People

Captain_404
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 08:34:05 PM »

This sounds like it could be really interesting, and it looks like you're off to a nice start already. I look forward to further progress!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic