Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 12:23:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsPortfoliosIndie Game Music Composer Tobi Weiss / indiegamemusic.de
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Indie Game Music Composer Tobi Weiss / indiegamemusic.de  (Read 1382 times)
tobiweiss
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2021, 02:04:22 AM »

I'm Tobi Weiss, a 29 years old full-time (indie) game composer (since 2013).

- In addition to my jobs & projects I studied music production and game audio from 2013-2016
- I love composing for games because of the tight collaboration & the possibility to enhance the digital world the devs are creating with uniquely suited music. That's an example for why I always create written concepts of the score production before i actually begin composing, to think about potential leitmotivs, the unique instrumentation of the game's world etc (I'll attach 2 of these concepts as an example for you) + I always enjoy offering "unlimited revisions", since I don't really understand composers that are like "well yeah you get 3 revisions" - that doesn't really fit to my approach to create the best possible experience for the player. Instead i love sending regular updates of the current state of each track, to allow us to talk about the progression of everything.
- I just finished a pretty big game project, so I just began scheduling my q4 2021 - q2 2022
- Budget: I don't have fixed rates, since i focus on the indie-dev field & sometimes it's worth to participate on an awesome project for a bit less, if the game seems to be promising. I try to aim for 125 - 250 USD/minute of music though. It always depends. (220 USD fE includes: Mix/Master of my go-to mixing engineer, distribution and adaption of the Game OST to worldwide streaming plattforms etc)

Work examples:
- "Gilded Shadows" official OST (Steamberry Studios, Visual Novel):
// https://open.spotify.com/album/5uSzko7i2TPQgnw4rLT4dO?si=EokuJeS-TV6TIr_fIa2HoQ&dl_branch=1

- Game Music 2022 + 2021 + 2020 Sum Up Albums:
// https://open.spotify.com/album/49DaqRqbbLm5ZHNM3vCnWY?si=QppvZqrwQCC7uFV4S6bdmg
// https://open.spotify.com/album/4yw6e8fsTIZevOomAV9x9A?si=ck5gYsc3RKa7J6ggmbGy_w&dl_branch=1
// https://open.spotify.com/album/5FttQxLpO8wgE4ipxkzpah?si=MdOUkrgVQaWkMh-SonmIxQ&dl_branch=1

Social Media:
@filmandgamemusic (Instagram: I post work insights and the most recent updates over there)

www.indiegamemusic.de

Recent Projects:
- Game Music Talk with Wilbert Roget (Mortal Kombat 11, Destiny 2: Forsaken, Guild Wars 2: PoF) for 50-80 European + American aspiring
COmposers
- Multiple Remote Collaborations with worldwide Artists (For Example: String Duo Interludio from Italy, the asst. Principal cellist of the Oldenburg
State Orchestra Fabian Boreck, guitarist Tsuyoshi Ikedo from Japan)
- Elaboration + Hosting of a hybrid online course (video game music) for the School of Audio Engineering (SAE) Germany
- Elaboration + Hosting of various remote/online mentoring programs for aspiring, new and experienced composers and music producers (Digital
Music Production in General, Video Game Music, DAW Workflow.
- April: Implementation of the project "Youth composes" as part of "Niedersachsen dreht auf!" (sponsored and financed by the ministry of
culture, Lower Saxony) – Lessons/Courses for young people about music production & game music via modern streaming platforms)
- Various video game and film soundtrack productions
- Cooperation with the American author Jason M. Primrose (82 minutes OST for his 2nd sci-fi novel "205Z: Lost Children of Andromeda"
- Cooperation with the American author Toni Perks (45 minutes OST for his fantasy novel "Princes of Enigma"
- Work as a composer for video game music. Including: Animalistic (20 minutes), Need for Cheese (70 minutes), Hippoxxus (30 minutes), Gilded
Shadows (45 minutes), TaoG (25 minutes)

I guess that's it for now. If i forgot anything or if you need further infos/insights: feel free to reach out anytime!

I also always gladly offer to create a free example "mood-score" for your game.

Stay safe & happy,
tobi weiss

TLDR:
Early 2021 Game Music Recaps in 1 Minute & 1.5 Minutes:
youtube.com/watch?v=m-5UzeogjF0
youtube.com/watch?v=CGXfJcSgKg0
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 01:01:25 AM by tobiweiss » Logged
tobiweiss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 12:49:40 AM »

Added TLDR (All genres and Styles within 2.5 minutes, to save your time)
Added Orchestral Music Recap Video
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 01:00:55 AM by tobiweiss » Logged
tobiweiss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 12:36:14 AM »

new gameplay trailer of my current project:

tobiweiss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 12:45:54 AM »

new full 2021 game music recap:

tobiweiss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 01:00:54 AM »

New 2022 Game Music Recap:
https://open.spotify.com/album/49DaqRqbbLm5ZHNM3vCnWY?si=QppvZqrwQCC7uFV4S6bdmg

tobiweiss
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 11:34:11 PM »

quick update: i'm not available until end of june - after that i'm still open for new projects this year!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic