Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411478 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 05:57:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsFULFILMENT - a relaxing post apocalyptic farming game with zero hostility
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FULFILMENT - a relaxing post apocalyptic farming game with zero hostility  (Read 711 times)
LarsIsGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2021, 10:12:27 AM »

Hi All,

I've been working an idea for a game in my head for a while now, and finally had a few days off to dedicate to getting started making it.

The general design of FORFILMENT is similar to farming/crafting sim games like Stardew Valley, with a narrative driven by interaction with other people in the world. The objective is to help your neighbours rebuild their community after a disaster.

The game is really early-days, I'm focussing on getting the core mechanics implemented at the moment.

I will be documenting my progress on youtube, here's a link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL22Lp4VBQB2mohZNTdEm8WYLiecvW4X3W

Any feedback would be really welcome!

Thanks,
Lars

« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 12:22:13 AM by LarsIsGaming » Logged
LarsIsGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 01:23:15 PM »

Over this week I've been implementing an items and inventory system, and added some procedurally generated cars to the roads that the player can crowbar apart for resources.

oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 03:31:02 PM »

The objective is to help your neighbours rebuild their community after a disaster.

That's an interesting take on a farming/crafting game. Sounds interesting and maybe even a little relaxing. Good luck with the project.

LarsIsGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 11:31:41 PM »

Thanks! I hope so, I want to make kind of the antidote to the regular doom and gloom :D
LarsIsGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 09:49:15 PM »

This week I've been adding a basic inventory system to the game, allowing the player to collect resources from the world and transfer them between their backpack and other item containers.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/An14BSRNjOw
LarsIsGaming
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 05:45:15 AM »

Implemented the narrative system using Ink and set up the trade UI.

I've started working on a construction system next, making good progress after a few weeks of going slow.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic