Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411526 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58432 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 09:05:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMOONBRIAR - AAA Visual Novel | VN Festival Data + SXSW
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Author Topic: MOONBRIAR - AAA Visual Novel | VN Festival Data + SXSW  (Read 33226 times)
oldblood
Level 10

...Not again.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2023, 02:44:10 PM »

might be some kind of compatibility flag you have to set... let me see.

Ah, great catch! Thank you so much! I've made that update in the build and demo now.

nathy after dark
Level 8

Open Sourceress

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2023, 04:23:21 PM »

Did you also have to notarize through Apple? I saw that, did some reading, and apparently it costs $100/yr to do that? But Steam's interface provides a checkbox where you can just not mark it if you haven't done the notarization. God, I hope I don't have to notarize for my Mac build--if that's the case I might drop Mac support even though the cross-platform build is automated and works.

Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2023, 05:35:37 AM »

Final Thoughts on Visual Novel Festival:
  • Steam prioritizes released games/sales in the event and promotes accordingly.
  • You have to search to find unreleased games or demos.
  • As such, unreleased games/demo's will not get as much traffic as you'd expect.
  • There is a large fall-off between users adding to Library and playing.
  • Really no downside to not participating. Just keep expectations low for non-released games.

I had a gut feeling that this is the case and it is great you share your learning with us! Despite this not being a wishlist breakthrough, you collected very important information. Keep up the great work and fingers crossed for SXSW!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic