Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 12:51:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioWhat do you use to make sound fx??
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: What do you use to make sound fx??  (Read 6682 times)
armyturtle
« on: September 02, 2021, 09:39:53 PM »

Somewhere I read you use Audacity and a microphone.

Just record sounds made with your mouth, hands and things you find around the house.  Hmm...
Andersk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 03:06:02 PM »

I use good ol' fashion Bfxr. https://www.bfxr.net/

Otherwise I have a blue snowball mic and audacity for other things. But I use a noise generator since I go for a more retro feel.
SD1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 05:41:32 AM »

Currently I'm just sound designing with software such as Europa, Massive, Absynth etc but I will be buying a portable audio recorder over xmas. Ive seen some videos on you tube that show that you can get some amazing sounds from the real world. I think about it like this " What can  record and how weird can I get from processing it afterwards"? But there is no limit to your recordings and final sounds.
Schoq
Level 10

♡∞

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2022, 08:32:14 PM »

LabChirp of course http://labbed.net/software/labchirp/

♡ ♥ make games, not money ♥ ♡
sakiskid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2022, 05:42:40 PM »

For the longest time (been producing for 8 years, only really felt this way recently) I was convinced that I lost artistic integrity if I didn't make all of my own sound design and effects.

Recently I have ditched that idea and I've been having the time of my life. You do NOT lose artistic integrity if you use other people's sounds instead of field recording and sound designing. I have 4-5 of the Humble Bundle audio sfx packs and music producer packs, and there is SO much rich content there for you to use. Take some of those sounds, throw them into FL Studio and tweak them to your liking.

Unless you're using an overused half life 2 metal clanking sound, most people that play your game won't ever recognize it.
q1
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2022, 04:00:55 AM »

agree with @sakiskid. i go on freesound.org for a lot of effects that i either 1) don't know how to design, or 2) don't have the means to design. often i layer multiple sounds, sometimes with sounds that i made, and i think that can help add in terms of originality and control.

also in the game "hidden folks" all the sounds are made by one guy using his mouth and it's very charming. so you can definitely pull off using just audacity and a mic!

personally i use logic pro x, only because i already have it and i'm used to it.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic