Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1395472 Posts in 67266 Topics- by 60348 Members - Latest Member: paranoiz

September 25, 2021, 12:35:16 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsNeura Mechanicus - new style of turn-based tactics Ricochet Mechanic
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Neura Mechanicus - new style of turn-based tactics Ricochet Mechanic  (Read 430 times)
Neura Mechanicus
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2021, 06:09:45 AM »

Hello everyone,
I'm writing this dev-log to share our development journey with you for Neura Mechanicus. Since we want to adopt a community-driven approach, we would like to update you guys frequently. Gather all turn-based squad tactics fans! We have an idea!

As 30+ years old old-school programmers, my teammate and I decided to develop a game that we like to play. We both like turn-based tactics games. Both final fantasy tactics and X-Com games are our inspiration points. By the way, my teammate loves to play games at Nintendo, and he is playing Steamworld Heist too much. From the movies, we are inspired by Pacific Rim and Real Steel. So we want to mix those games and create ours.

In Neura Mechanicus, you play a little gamer girl who journeys with her robot to participate in robot combat tournaments worldwide.
In this journey, you meet other gamers, and you can get them into your squad, and you can join any tournament with them.
Besides that, all robots are customizable. You can change parts and make some upgrades. So, the game is basically about tuning your robots, creating a squad, and joining turn-based robot combats.
Finally, there is a good reason why our character participates in these tournaments, which we will tell you in other posts.

That's all for now. As I mentioned earlier, we are at the very early stage of development, so we expect your ideas for a turn-based squad tactics game with a robots theme. We really want to develop a game that you always wanted to play!

BTW, please watch our trailer here and a few gifs from what we did till now:

We started development by applying animations to our dummy robot, and we implemented the grid system for our turn-based movements.

Here is our new (and probably better) robot and environment. And hey, we are aiming!

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 05:36:32 AM by Neura Mechanicus » Logged

logophil
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 03:28:51 AM »

Always great to see another turn-based tactics game, and graphically seems like it's off to a good start. Little girl + combat robots is an intriguing mix, and I'm curious to hear more about the narrative there!

Neura Mechanicus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 05:32:04 AM »

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The game has a very emotional story that I will share in the coming days. We are sure you will like it. Shocked Shocked

Neura Mechanicus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 02:59:19 AM »

Aim Mechanics

Let me talk about aim mechanics, which is one of the innovations we brought to turn-based games.
I mentioned that Steamworld Heist is one of our inspirations. We adapted the aim mechanic, one of my favorite features there, to the 3d environment. This made hitting the target a little harder but more fun. Now, it will not be enough to click on the target.
Each robot has an aim skill, which shows how much the hand will shake while aiming. Players can upgrade robots' aim skills with the upgrade points taken from the matches.

You can see the shots made with different aim skill values in the images below.

Aim Skill:10 in FPS mode

Aim Skill:100 in FPS mode

Aim Skill:10 in TPS mode

Aim Skill:100in TPS mode

BTW:
I will explain later what the red laser light does. Wink Wink

Stay tuned.

Neura Mechanicus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 05:29:49 AM »

Ricochet Mechanic
Another innovation is Richocet Mechanic in the 3D platform. This mechanic is from Steamworld Heist, too.
Some weapons in the game will have the feature of ricochet in certain parts of the level. You can see it below. Many of you may rightly wonder what this feature will do. I shared it with you a little early because of my excitement. Although it seems dysfunctional for now, you will understand better when you see the obstacles and characters in the new levels.
We would appreciate it if you could share your thoughts on this part of the dev-log. You can be sure that we will consider it during the development process. Wink Wink

« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 07:35:58 AM by Neura Mechanicus » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic