Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 07:35:35 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesFirst game you remember playing?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: First game you remember playing?  (Read 18413 times)
KungLao
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2022, 09:30:59 PM »

My mom got me my first ever ps2 back in japan lol, and I had three games in it. Dino crisis 2 crash team racing and one of my all time faves is crash bandicoot: warped!
pieroluha
Level 0

I'm hungry and I'll devour.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2022, 06:25:23 AM »

Maybe harvest moon back to nature in PSone but definitely dota for pc and I played that game with friends every weekend until I eventually became alone and adult.  Shrug

saviclea11
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2022, 01:48:23 AM »

I believe it was game snakes or something like that on nokia phone  Cheesy
pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2022, 07:01:06 AM »

Probably the slalom ski game I vaguely remember playing on a HP85A my dad brought home from work some weekend. Can't find a video of it unfortunately. I remember the flags drawn on the screen, and using keys to control a dotted line going from the top of the screen down.

Or possibly the Philips pong console we had. Do not remember for sure if this was earlier. You could play standard two-player pong, or some kind of "football/soccer" variant (basically still pong, but with two or three paddles per player), and a solo-variant where you bounced the ball against a fixed wall and just tried to stay alive for as long as possible.

Then a Zenith Z/80 that you could play snakes on, plus Zork and some other text adventure, and a few other text-only games (because that computer only had monochrome text-mode, no graphics or color at all). That snakes game was definitely the first game me and my friends played more seriously, probably hours per day.

Then a PC XT with monochrome screen and a few games like Snipes, Big Top, King's Quest I, and Microsoft Decathlon. Snipes is a game I still play now and then and that is good for real not only for nostalgia.

In that approximate order. I was not really old enough to remember many details.
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2022, 09:14:32 AM »

Probably the slalom ski game I vaguely remember playing on a HP85A my dad brought home from work some weekend. Can't find a video of it unfortunately. I remember the flags drawn on the screen, and using keys to control a dotted line going from the top of the screen down.

I'm pretty sure I remember that one! I think I played it on a different platform though. What is a HP85A? If I google it I get toner cartridges as results.

starboyai33
Level 0

Gamer and web developer from 2005

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2022, 01:22:39 PM »

my first game i played on computer was GTA III  , and that was a long time ago ... My Word!

Web developer and future unity game developer, developed cool sites in past like fnf & unblocked games wtf

First unity game in progress..
Game-Editor2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2022, 03:52:05 AM »

Must be Ignition (1997), still a fun game when played with friends.
DragonEmperors
Level 0

The best in RPG Maker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2022, 07:40:46 PM »

Most probably Super Mario Bros. on SNES or Sonic on SEGA
Osimodius
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2022, 05:19:22 AM »

Lost Vikings FTW , hehe

Made in Quebec.
lightninjohn
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2022, 11:54:01 AM »

I've been literally playing games for longer than I can remember, so who really knows.
However some good guesses would be WindWaker, Metroid Prime, and Yoshi's Island. (I'm sure this shows my age.)

Trying
16comma7inPx
Level 0

alias Zitron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2022, 12:28:31 PM »

Prince of Persia, pixels in size of rice grain, guys. But i remember also some pacman clone with spiders in cage, in the middle of room. Start roaming around after a while. But no, Prince of Persia was first. Sure. It leave scars that never heal.
JungleHeart
Level 0

If the scabbard fits, wear it! -Viktor, Suikoden I

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2022, 06:48:47 PM »

Pac-Man on the Nintendo Famicom (Asia/Japan's equivalent of the Nintendo/NES). My dad brought home the console and game one time and he was super ecstatic to show it to us. We ended up getting a few more games over the years but my dad kept playing Pac-Man late in the evening when everyone's asleep. Good times.

Xbox Series X and Switch gamer.
pelle
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2022, 12:09:41 AM »

I'm pretty sure I remember that one! I think I played it on a different platform though. What is a HP85A? If I google it I get toner cartridges as results.

Correct name seems to be HP-85A, with a dash.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_series_80

http://www.oldcomputers.net/hp85.html

"16 KB dynamic RAM, a 5-inch CRT screen (16 lines of 32 characters, or 256×192 pixels), a tape drive for DC-100 cartridges (210 kB capacity, 650 B/s transfer), and a thermal printer. Both the screen and printer display graphics in addition to text, and the printer can copy anything shown on the screen". 0.625 MHz CPU.

Wikipedia links to a Windows emulator for the 80-series:
http://www.kaser.com/hp85.html

Found a video of someone showing off the HP-85A at https://youtube.com/watch?v=ov3Z02tE5EE and around 0:29 there is a file-listing visible on the screen that has a file called SKI! That must be it. Now I just have to figure out how to load it in the emulator, assuming it is included in one of the three game ROMs I found for it.

UPDATE: Yes! SKI is in the included Standard ROM, not one of the game ROMs. It runs, but much too fast even when setting the emulator to "natural speed". Game over in approximately one frame. But it was fun just to see it run anyway.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 12:32:56 AM by pelle » Logged
Game-Editor2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2022, 05:56:48 AM »

Ignition (1996/97), it's a racing game I used to play in split screen mode with my brother.
Senespera
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2022, 08:28:06 AM »

Butt-Ugly Martians: Martian Boot Camp. It's a miracle they made a videogame out of a poorly received single-season show. First game I ever played. It was fun, lol.

Greetings, voidlings!
Golds
Loves Juno
Level 10

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2022, 01:12:14 AM »

Super Mario Bros. for NES, plugged into a motel room color TV where a friend's family were staying. We were on a trip somewhere or something. But those platforms and the jumping burned into my brain forevermore...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 02:09:57 PM by Golds » Logged

@doomlaser, mark johns
ramsayfrodo
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2022, 09:20:41 PM »

Probably played some before this but have a clear memory of playing Super Smash Bros on N64 at a friend's house back in the day, Captain Falcon FTW!
andersnk
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2022, 02:34:07 PM »

Definitely Super Mario Bros for the origial GameBoy. It was so hard for 5 year old me. I remember being overjoyed when I finally completed the third level :D
Action Tad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2022, 02:40:31 PM »

I want to say that the first video game I ever played was super Mario on the nes. Or maybe Tetris on a gameboy. My first video game system was a gameboy. The first game I clearly remember falling in love with was Final Fantasy 3/6 on the snes. I would stay up all night glued to the television playing that.
goobTwoFiveSix
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2022, 11:37:06 AM »

I'm not sure if it was Phoenix on Atari 2600 or something (I don't know which but I played a lot) at the arcade. I was playing those around grade 1/kindergarten and we had a bunch of games for 2600 but all I remember is Defender and Phoenix. Oh we had ET I think too but I didn't know what the hell to do lol.

EDIT: Shit I just remembered, it was Missile Command I was thinking of not Defender. That game was great.

In grade 1, I remember Black Tiger being the game everyone wanted to play. There was a place called Hong Kong Convenience or something similar that had the only cabinet. I never got to play it much but I watched quite a bit.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 12:02:18 PM by goobTwoFiveSix » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic