Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1395895 Posts in 67315 Topics- by 60440 Members - Latest Member: MDex

October 15, 2021, 09:05:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAstromeda - story driven RPG inspired by Undertale with a unique battle system!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Astromeda - story driven RPG inspired by Undertale with a unique battle system!  (Read 306 times)
Liran
Level 0

Astromeda

View Profile WWW
« on: September 23, 2021, 07:33:05 AM »

ASTROMEDA

Summary

Astromeda is a turn-based, story-driven RPG with a unique battle system inspired by Undertale, Hollow Knight, Celeste, and more modern indies! It's planned to be released on PC (Steam) and on the Nintendo Switch in the future!
A prophecy was foretold across the Earth. It was said that an asteroid would collide with the planet in the next century. The prophecy, indeed, was true and the asteroid met its fate with Earth, leaving it empty and uninhabitable. After the destruction, a new bacteria was birthed from the ruins of the asteroid. Advanced in size and technology, it had the ability to duplicate itself into enormous numbers. As a result, a new race of thriving bacteria plagued the Earth, forming a peaceful colony. After a millennium, the Earth finally became habitable for human life once again. A group of four humans, sent out on a mission during the previous disaster returns to their home planet but in a terrible twist, crashes upon arrival - not knowing what is in store.

Who made this?

Hello there! I'm Liran and I'm the main creator of Astromeda. I originally decided that I want to make a game of my own after the impact that games like Undertale, Hollow Knight, Celeste, Earthbound, and many more games left on me. I mostly work as a solo dev, but the music for the game is being composed by Eric E. Hache!

What exactly is this game?

In Astromeda, you begin the story as a Human, in a brand new world. You get to interact with the characters and play in a fun turn-based & live-dodging battle system. The battle system is very unique with its combination of traditional RPG-fighting and platformer gameplay. This is my first Devlog for Astromeda! Currently, I'm working on a free Demo for the game, but I have just uploaded a playable prototype from the demo that I would love if you could try out and leave feedback on!

What is the point of this Devlog and what are my plans?

I've been working on Astromeda for quite a while now, and I feel like I have enough done to finally start building a community for the game! As I said, I am working on a demo right now, but it is not done. I would like to post a development log here once a week showcasing the progress of the demo! I'm really excited to share how I make the stuff that I do, and to share the game in general! When the demo is finally done, I plan to take make a crowdfunding campaign to fund the creation of the full game! I will not be able to do that without building a community of course, which is why I want to share my work with you Grin

What can I play right now & how do I follow the game's development?

The first prototype of the game (A puzzle from the game) is out now and I'm gathering feedback on it. I plan to release more prototypes to get feedback on as development continues! Of course, I will release a full demo once it's done.
To follow the game's development make sure to take a look at the devlogs that I will post here once a week and follow the game on social media!
Key social media links: (press on the images)

Conclusion & final things

Thank you so much for reading this post about my project and you are more than welcome to stay and join the small community of Astromeda! ❤️
I hope to finish a demo in the next few months and I will be more than thrilled to go through the journey of making it with you!

Please take a few minutes to try out the first prototype of the game! :
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 04:53:37 AM by Liran » Logged

Indie game dev working on my dream RPG game Astromeda!
Liran
Level 0

Astromeda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 05:54:12 AM »

DEVLOG #1

• Current goal: Finish a polished demo and with it create a crowdfunding campaign to fund the creation of the full game.

Alright! so this week I finished working on the first part of the demo! Take a look!

After the earth was inhabitable for hundreds of years, a group of four humans (the ones you see here) come back to earth in hopes of finally rebuilding humankind.

They have no clue what is on the planet. Yet, they still believe that returning to it would be the right thing to do.

In a terrible twist, their spaceship malfunctions which leads them to crash on the planet, not knowing what's in store.

So, this is the beginning of the game! It definitely required me to make a bunch of art, and smart coding to make this little scene.

- Now to the more technical stuff for those who like it!
The program I use to make the game is called GameMaker Studio. In it, you can choose how you would want the size of your pixels to be.

Originally, this little bottle you see here rotates when it hits a wall. It also floats to give the player the feel of no gravity. However, when this bottle first started changing its angle (after hitting a wall), the pixels of its sprite kept appearing and disappearing.

That made it look off, so through the power of surfaces, horizontal and vertical angles, and screen ratios I was able to code the sprite to look smooth and not have the literal pixels disappear (lol) like this!

Thank you for reading my devlog! Next week I hope to show you what happened after the crash! Just a few more devlogs and I will finally get to the BATTLE SYSTEM!

Have a great week!

Liran
Level 0

Astromeda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 08:04:19 AM »

DEVLOG #2

• Current goal: Finish a polished demo and with it create a crowdfunding campaign to fund the creation of the full game.

Here are a few screenshots of what I've finished!
After the crash, you find yourself strapped to a bed, about to get your memories deleted by an unknown creature.

However, at the last second, "Per", who is the first character you meet, appears out of the darkness and saves you.

After Per saves you, he tells you to follow him. He will explain to the player what happened and where they are soon.

After you follow him, the ground behind you begins to break as rocks fall on it. This will be an escape scene that I will show you next week! Here's a sneak peek!

Friendly reminder to follow the official Twitter account of the game! https://twitter.com/astromeda_game

Liran
Level 0

Astromeda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 03:49:13 AM »

DEVLOG #3

These are only screenshots without music, check out the game's Twitter to see a video of the scene!
https://twitter.com/astromeda_game/status/1446796687876497410?s=20

This week I have been working on the next scene in Astromeda which is a running scene from falling rocks!

I Hope you have a nice day!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic