Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1395970 Posts in 67322 Topics- by 60454 Members - Latest Member: d4n1ca11

October 19, 2021, 03:17:46 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingAstromeda - turn-based, story driven RPG, looking for feedback!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Astromeda - turn-based, story driven RPG, looking for feedback!  (Read 240 times)
Liran
Level 0

Astromeda

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2021, 06:15:49 AM »

ASTROMEDA

Feedback!

I'm looking for constructive feedback on a little prototype I made! I'm currently working on a demo for the game, and the prototype that you can play is basically a puzzle from the demo. I want to make sure that I made this puzzle a little challenging, yet not too hard. After you complete the puzzle, the game will automatically open a feedback form where you can answer a few questions I made Smiley

Download on itch.io: https://liran-kamisa.itch.io/astromeda-puzzle-demo

Summary about the game for those who want to know a little more

Astromeda is a turn-based, story-driven RPG with a unique battle system inspired by Undertale, Hollow Knight, Celeste, and more modern indies! It's planned to be released on PC (Steam) and on the Nintendo Switch in the future!
Story: A prophecy was foretold across the Earth. It was said that an asteroid would collide with the planet in the next century. The prophecy, indeed, was true and the asteroid met its fate with Earth, leaving it empty and uninhabitable. After the destruction, a new bacteria was birthed from the ruins of the asteroid. Advanced in size and technology, it had the ability to duplicate itself into enormous numbers. As a result, a new race of thriving bacteria plagued the Earth, forming a peaceful colony. After a millennium, the Earth finally became habitable for human life once again. A group of four humans, sent out on a mission during the previous disaster returns to their home planet but in a terrible twist, crashes upon arrival - not knowing what is in store.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2021, 06:06:19 AM by Liran » Logged

Indie game dev working on my dream RPG game Astromeda!
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 07:28:36 AM »

Its interesting to think of bacteria as big creatures? Usually they are microscopic right?

Liran
Level 0

Astromeda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 12:18:48 PM »

Hi! And yeah hahaha. The idea of the story is that there was a prophecy that an asteroid will crash on Earth. It did, leaving it empty of life. However, upon crashing a special alien bacteria came out of it. That bacteria began growing in size and duplicated itself to large amounts. Those bacteria ended up becoming human-like, with their own thoughts and personalities, evolving with DNA from animals and even humans. They are basically a race of their own living on Earth! The game begins as you, a human who left Earth before the asteroid hit, come back with your crew to try and rebuild the human race. From there you get to play the game and experience the story, living in a new world filled with human-like bacteria! That's why they are large Wink
I have already made about half of a demo, with a dedicated original soundtrack and a battle system! Looking forward to finishing it and letting people try it out! Thanks a lot for commenting about my game!

jbarrios
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 08:37:24 AM »

Hey Liran,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

Liran
Level 0

Astromeda

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 01:18:43 PM »

Loved watching it, thanks so much for trying it out and giving feedback! :D

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic