Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:21:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperTechnical (Moderator: ThemsAllTook)LittleJS - The Tiny JavaScript Game Engine That Can!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: LittleJS - The Tiny JavaScript Game Engine That Can!  (Read 3089 times)
FrankForce
Level 2

This tepid water is tasteless.

View Profile WWW
« on: September 29, 2021, 06:54:23 AM »

Choo-Choo, LittleJS is here! With tiny elegant code and powerful performance. I can't wait to see what you all make with it.

GitHub: https://github.com/KilledByAPixel/LittleJS

Demo: https://github.com/KilledByAPixel/SpaceHuggers

« Last Edit: October 04, 2021, 05:39:06 AM by FrankForce » Logged
bayersglassey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2021, 10:23:51 PM »

Man, that Space Huggers game was really awesome. :D
Can't say I'll be using the JS engine myself (although it clearly works and works well!), but I'm glad I poked around it until I found that game.
With a bit of work, it could become a real gem... right now it's good for 5 levels or so, but since they're all the same, there's no reason to progress. But the controls and everything feel great, and there's nothing like blowing into a base and taking it out, bullets and explosions flying all over the place... the destructible terrain is a perfect match for the generated levels, since even if everything gets blown to bits, you can always escape by tunneling away.

Feels a little bit like Liero meets Cortex Command. :3
FrankForce
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 10:01:53 AM »

Thanks bayersglassey!

I have been focused on polishing the core gameplay loop of space huggers first. Now it is pretty much as good as it can get without adding any new content. The next step is to make the full game with more weapons, upgrades, player progression etc. I have some interesting ideas for the meta game, it's gonna be fun. Smiley
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 08:05:58 PM »

Hey haven't checked out the framework yet but I was reading through the github and found zzfx. Awesome work. I love it!

bayersglassey
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 08:42:41 PM »

Oh nice, I didn't know you were going to keep developing it!
Good thing I posted in this thread, now I'll see any updates... :3
FrankForce
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 07:23:04 AM »

InfiniteStateMachine

Thank you!

I am very proud ZzFX and all the games people made with it. For making rapid prototypes it is so much faster to add sounds without copying around wave files. Link for anyone interested...

https://killedbyapixel.github.io/ZzFX/

bayersglassey

I never stop developing anything. Smiley Follow me on twitter though because I don't post here as often.
eri0o
Level 0

Making Adventures

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2022, 06:02:58 PM »

Hey, pretty cool work! Found you accidentally by going through GitHub, but now logged here after a long time and found this thread.

I agree space huggers is really cool, I want to try to copy bits of it to experiment with the ideas in it, it's a very fun game loop!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic