Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:50:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralNeed help from some admin please
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Need help from some admin please  (Read 3101 times)
ZionwarezGold
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2021, 07:41:06 AM »

Hi there,

I need some help please. I registered a few days ago with my usual name "Zionwarez" but I didn't receive the confirmation email. I clicked on the button to resend it several times, I checked the spam folder (which is empty), nothing. I just don't get the confirmation email no matter what I do. So I registered again with another email adress and this worked - finally.

Please, can any admin help me? Either change my name to Zionwarez (and delete the other account of course) or give me the confirmation email to my other email account.

Thanks,
Zion
ZionwarezGold
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2021, 10:23:24 AM »

Nothing?

So this forum does not have any admins?
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 09:51:57 AM »

Sadly, there are a number of back end issues that seem to be unsolvable due to the fact that the forum used to be run by another group and they won't give full control of the servers to the new moderation team.

You might be able to change the name of your account in settings so that this account has the right name? Otherwise I'm not sure.

ZionwarezGold
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 11:06:18 AM »

You might be able to change the name of your account in settings so that this account has the right name? Otherwise I'm not sure.

Thank you. Finally a reaction :-)
Unfortunately, I can't choose my original name, cause I tried already to make an account with this name, but never got the confirmation email. So I can't delete it either.
Sad....
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2021, 06:48:08 AM »

I mean if you want the inside poop: there has always been a lot of drama associated with the indie dev scene, including this forum and people leaving in a huff because of one reason or another. People tend to rise to the top who are good at "saying the right thing" and "charming the powerful" which is sort of a sociopathic trait: even though your own feelings don't agree with a person, they are powerful so you kiss up.

As a result, a lot of the people who are big names are sort of unpleasant people. That's not just indie games, that's the world we live in. Then the big people of the world don't have a reason to talk to or "charm" the people they consider small and its just rough.

Also the admins aren't getting paid or really getting any perks of being admins, other than occasional rants from me about how the big shots should be nicer, which I'm sure they enjoy thoroughly. For a while Derek Yu used his position as an admin to promote Spelunky but once his game was done he was also done with being an admin here too.

edit:

saviclea11
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2022, 11:28:01 PM »

that also happened to me so you are not the only one.
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2022, 10:14:56 PM »

Picard's speech in the cited scene above needs work. He talks about "Superior Moral Codes" but he won't even drop one thing that makes the federation's morals better than the Q's

For example, if Picard were to say that his morals are superior because he is better at expressing emotions through small expressive gestures, I'm sure that Q is actually superior because look at the acting. And also less sarcastically, the federation has a non-interference policy, so for example if a planet was experiencing a genocide, the federation would not get involved: which is NO BUENO.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic