Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1395975 Posts in 67323 Topics- by 60455 Members - Latest Member: olyvali

October 19, 2021, 05:01:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDeutonium game South African Alpha
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Deutonium game South African Alpha  (Read 153 times)
DeutoniumCloud
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2021, 02:10:40 AM »

Hey!

Deutonium is a South African game in development currently. We've hit alpha and opening our doors more to the public to get their viewpoint on it. We're an MMO(a)RPG, City-Builder with RTS elements

The RPG elements take place in the environment we call missions - This is where you will farm resources and gear to up your character. You would find gear from bosses and crafting machines(That can be set to a certain piece of gear ie. Chest piece, so that target farming can happen). Our RPG element is still getting fleshed out, but it is fully playable and a lot of fun in multiplayer. A lot of your early game time would be spent in the RPG element as the City building element is a long-term goal to set up for yourself. The game uses an infinite leveling system to reward you. With points, you can spend on different attributes which are still getting looked at. Currently, it uses the basics - Defense, Offensive, More Experience, and Temporal Protocol(Allows you to wear heavier or higher level gear). The missions are then also divided into difficulties that you'll be able to take on. Currently, the levels are capped at level 25 and the highest level player has hit the personal level of 5500

The City Building is found in our normal city element where you will play first/third-person viewpoint while building up your city. You'll choose a planet(This has an impact on the core game-play as it would influence the whole production chain.) to start from. From here you would use a grid/nanite system to build - We divide our cities into zones and tiles. You have an infinite amount of zones - but a zone is divided into 16x16 tiles. You would give these tiles an "identity" by placing a nanite core on them. A basic example of a city would be housing tiles placed alongside road tiles - which are linked to a paper mill and a lumbermill. With imported supplies(food) and power being generated in a different zone - this city would be self-sustaining. Every tile has placeable requirements such as a housing nanite would need beds for the citizens to sleep in. A farm would need a truck to deliver its goods - This can be seen on the building information panel.

Your city has a skill unlocked from the get-go called Timeshift which allows you to speed up the time in your city - increasing production. This helps add to city building a more active playstyle as your character moves faster and therefore allows you to build easier during a timeshift - a typical timeshift lasts about 20 minutes and gives you a week's worth of production, but also takes a week worth of resources! - This would cover the basics of the functionality of city building.

City building also has a beauty aspect to it as adding plants, houses and all of the small luxuries like showers and toilets to your population would improve efficiency, thus your population uses fewer resources to make more - this is an important aspect if you want longevity for your city.

City Building has a terraforming tool - This allows a sandbox-like playstyle - This can allow you to chain terrain how you please as it uses a voxel system it is quite customizable - but it still needs minor adjustments and a lot of improvements. Currently, the tool only saves on your own computer in a voxel file - server-side saving is getting worked on as we speak! - The terraform tool as it stands is impressive

We have space! Our space system is where the RTS kicks in. You have to conquer outposts to get Deutonium and other valuable resources that can only be collected by taking over and maintaining outposts - These are controlled by NPC's until a player takes them over. Then it becomes the goal of that player to collect the resources from the outpost(Can take quite some time as the outpost could be light years away from your city) and also send reinforcements to protect the outpost.
Space is currently our most underdeveloped feature - which we'll be fleshing out soon.

This is a video on the development of Deutonium until September:

If you would like to give the game a try and give us feedback you can download it at: www.deutonium.com/download

To give us feedback on the game you can reply on this ticket or email me @ [email protected]
You can also join our Discord and talk directly to us: https://discord.gg/7fW8zG2GZ8

ps. I'm having issues getting images on the site! Sorry I would have loved to add some in-game images showcasing what I described.

Have a lovely day guys and if you have anything to say about the game, please message us! We're always looking to improve.
Russel "Cloud" Tiedt
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 02:55:22 AM by DeutoniumCloud » Logged
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 07:20:53 AM »

I watched about a minute of the video:

You need to get to the heart of what your game is about much faster. There are a lot of interesting features, making buildings, combat, character customization. But a lot of games offer that kind of thing. Why do I care about your characters. What is the narrative of the game? Why do I want a character in the game? You need to answer this much better and faster than you do right now because its just a shotgun blast full of stuff and I don't want to have to sift through it.

Shorten your pitch.

DeutoniumCloud
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 11:00:46 PM »

Thank you!

I appreciate the advice! I'm fully new to this so any advice from anyone more experienced is hands-down the best thing for myself and the game! I'll go back to the drawing board and see where I can change this to have a more impactful pitch.
Thank you once again Smiley

Russel "Cloud" Tiedt
michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 03:35:13 PM »

Just think about what makes your game special. Its got a lot of features that people tend to like in games but you need a one line punch at the beginning that gets me invested. Even the name "Deutonium" doesn't give me much to go on. If it had all the exact same features but the game was about throwing pies instead then at least you'd have something you could hit the audience with:

PIE FIGHT, the most realistic pie fighting game where everyone is a target.

[long description here...]

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic