Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:42:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPuzzle Bots
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Puzzle Bots  (Read 5637 times)
The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »

And so, with the publication of

, evidence of the game officially exists. Smiley

Screenshots!

You found the key!

Hero and Ultrabot make a discovery.

Love is in the air. Also, toast.

The bot habitat allows robots to relax in an environment that is both interactive and groovy.

If you are so inclined, you can learn more about the characters, storyline, and, um, poster here at Wadjet Eye Games.

The release is set for Fall 2009, so keep an eye out, Tigsorcerers.  Gentleman
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:03:53 PM by The Ivy » Logged
robertogracia
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 02:40:00 PM »

I am so loving it!! Great job with the backgrounds and all Hand Thumbs Up Left Hand Thumbs Up Right
team_q
Level 10

Divide by everything is fine and nothing is wrong.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 02:44:31 PM »

Saw it on twitter, looks cool in a Lost Vikings way.

Dirty Rectangles

_PRINCE OF ARCADE_
Hayden Scott-Baron
Level 10

also known as 'Dock'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 02:48:37 PM »

Ahhh for a second then I thought you had RELEASED the game!! Don't tease us like this!!

Fantastic news nevertheless. I'm excited to see how this comes together! ^_^

twitter: @docky
Alec
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »

Interested to see how this turns out...  Cool

Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 03:06:54 PM »

Hey, congratulations on making it this far, and best wishes as the project progresses. The setting and story seem pretty fun. Do the people develop any kind of relationship with the robots, or are the two worlds fairly separate?

Edit:
I just finished reading all the little character bios on your site- this is great stuff, someone obviously has an eye for detail.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:15:05 PM by Sparky » Logged
Ishi
Pixelhead
Level 10

coffee&coding

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 03:10:21 PM »

A Puzzle Bots trailer!? This has been a good day to be Ishi!

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 03:12:11 PM »

Nanobots is getting a sequel? Awesome. Grin

ChevyRay
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

The game looks awesome; but I really don't like the use of pixellated characters overtop of the vector backgrounds :/ a bit striking, and not in a good way. How come the small sprites aren't done in the same style as everything else?

Anyways, keep up the good work! Smiley
DaveGilbert
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 03:30:00 PM »

I just finished reading all the little character bios on your site-.

Ivy owns my site now? Shocked

Seriously though.  This game has come a long way and I'm so happy we can finally share it!

Wadjet Eye Games - home of urban noir adventure games!
New York Gamedev blog
Twitter feed
GregWS
Level 10

a module, repeatable in any direction and rotation

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 03:32:13 PM »

Wow, this is looking great!  Grin

My only comment is that dialogue text; it really seems out of place with the rest of the stuff.  I do see what Chev's getting at too, but I don't find it nearly as glaring as the text.
pgil
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2009, 03:44:02 PM »

The game looks awesome; but I really don't like the use of pixellated characters overtop of the vector backgrounds :/ a bit striking, and not in a good way. How come the small sprites aren't done in the same style as everything else?
I kind of like it. Robots = digital, everything else = analog.

I really should get around to playing Nanobots some time Who, Me?
Derek
Bastich
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2009, 10:08:14 PM »

Congrats, Erin, it looks great!  I just think the characters could stand to blink some. Who, Me?
sergiocornaga
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »

I always wondered what Ishi's awesome animations would be used for. They make great, uh, "tooltips". I'm also a big fan of Dr. Hugo's atom-esque outfit.

Keep up the great work everyone working on this!
Loren Schmidt
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2009, 12:18:11 AM »

Ha, sorry Dave. Also, I second the atom suit comment. That thing has been popping into my head ever since I saw it earlier today, which is perhaps an omen that you should consider a real life version as promotional merchandise.
BadgerManufactureInc
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 05:39:43 AM »

This looks great; I will have to try and buy me a copy sometime.

My love of these kind of games originated when I had an Amiga.  I like what I'd call 'real-time' platform/puzzle games, like Lemmings, Lost Vikings, Pushover or more recently Mario v Donkey Kong on the advance (looks great on a 32" Samsung).

What I especially like about your game though is that it dares to be original, and has some amazing character designs and art.

Great, great work so far then, by the look of the shots.  All the very best as you push the development into completion.

Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Up Left
VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 07:11:22 AM »

Yay for announcements and trailers!  Tears of Joy  Waiting patiently for "soonish" to come.

The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 12:37:55 PM »

Thanks guys. Grin I really appreciate the support. I'm glad so many of you like the art direction; I put a lot of effort into trying to capture a "retro-future" look. I'm really fascinated by the whole Jetsons-like "future that never was", and so the game has a lot of design elements based on 1950s-60s illustrations.

As for the humans, I tried to give their clothes weird retro-ish details; Yuriko's outfit was based on an apron, and Zander's cuffs have rings on them for no reason. And of course, the atom-shaped jacket of Dr. Hugo places him firmly in the camp of mad scientists.

Do the people develop any kind of relationship with the robots, or are the two worlds fairly separate?

Each of the robots has something in common, personality-wise, with their human creator. Since you only play as the robots, all the effects you have on the human world have to be through them. In general, the robots are moving about secretly, and they tend to accidentally muck things up. There are times when the humans and robots interact more directly though, especially at the end.

Nanobots is getting a sequel? Awesome. Grin

It's more like Nanobots is getting a hot cousin. A hot cousin with an original IP.

Congrats, Erin, it looks great!  I just think the characters could stand to blink some. Who, Me?

Hehe, thanks Derek. Weird that they don't seem to blink; the AGS engine is supposed to drop the blinking frame into the talking animations randomly. Unless Dave didn't import the blinking views.... Wink

What I especially like about your game though is that it dares to be original, and has some amazing character designs and art.

Thank you! It's been kind of a struggle for me; I'm trying to walk a line between making the game accessible to a wide audience and making it unique. When I reach a stumbling point, though, I always veer towards unique. Smiley

DaveGilbert
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »

Hehe, thanks Derek. Weird that they don't seem to blink; the AGS engine is supposed to drop the blinking frame into the talking animations randomly. Unless Dave didn't import the blinking views.... Wink

Hah.  The blinks DO happen, but they happen at random intervals and none of them happened while I was doing the video capture.  Be assured, the characters' eyes do get to rest once in awhile. 

Wadjet Eye Games - home of urban noir adventure games!
New York Gamedev blog
Twitter feed
VinceTwelve
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 06:02:16 AM »

the AGS engine is supposed to drop the blinking frame into the talking animations randomly.

They won't blink while talking.  Or walking.  Just while standing there doing nothing.  But they do blink!  Dave and I were just talking about that a couple days ago actually!

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic