Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411471 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58423 Members - Latest Member: antkind

April 23, 2024, 10:10:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid Work[PAID] Experienced RPG Game Design / Level Design / Creative Writer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PAID] Experienced RPG Game Design / Level Design / Creative Writer  (Read 6722 times)
monstertamer42
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2021, 11:17:04 AM »

Company Description
We're an indie studio that has been working on a monster taming RPG for quite a few years. We’re looking to expand our team with people that can either: create exciting route, cave & town layouts; come up with immersive, but also snappy cutscenes and dialogues;  improve our adventure with new interesting events and gameplay.

Game Description
We're working on a high-quality monster taming RPG with many hours of single-player gameplay. The world consists of interesting towns, explorable areas and challenging puzzles. Our beta has already over 1 million unique players. More info will be given after selection.

Job Description
Up until now we've come up with our own world, storyline and NPCs which were received well. Our players really appreciate the immersiveness of the world we've created. We'd like to continue this process with you. We want to brainstorm and collaborate closely on the storylines, sidequests, cities and their inhabitants, routes and dungeons we still need to implement, and to go over the existing content to see whether we can improve them together.

We already have our storyline worked out on a high level. We also already have a set of biomes, and most assets for those biomes are already designed. So we can build on that together to make an immersive, enjoyable world for the players!

We’re looking for someone that’s available 20 to 40+ hours every week for at least the next 2 months.
If things go well on this project, we'd like to continue collaborating with you on future projects.

What we expect
We’re looking for multiple experienced people that can help us with one or more of the tasks described above. Deliverables will consist of:
  • Level design for cities, routes, dungeons, interiors
  • Designs of fun and challenging puzzles, with either existing or new mechanics you bring in
  • Ideas for plot lines, story arcs, (side) quests, NPC dialogues and background
  • Anything really to help us create the best possible game, we want to co-develop our game with you!

Does this sound interesting? Leave us a message where you tell us a bit about yourself and we can talk!
May
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2021, 07:42:45 AM »

I think is good idea if you have something like Discord to share.
Shepkey
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 02:42:05 PM »

Hi,
My name is Matthew. I am a graduate from DePaul University with a Bachelors of Science in Game deisgn. What I enjoy the most is level design. I currently I'm in graduate school getting a MS in manamgent with some free time. My portfolio/site is schoepke.itch.io if you would like to check out some games I've worked on while I was at school. Good way to reach me is at my email [email protected]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 04:32:41 PM by Shepkey » Logged
leocity
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 11:51:44 AM »

Hi, I am Leonardo, a Narrative Game Designer passionate about RPG (I am also a Game Studies researcher). I love to write storyworlds and integrate them into my games in a coherent way.

I have a master’s degree in Communication Design at Politecnico di Milano with a thesis about interactive storytelling and narrative in games. I am a Narrative Designer, I love to draft interesting stories and expand the lore of the world I am working on; in fact, I designed the narrative of some small games and personal projects. I have studied different approaches to worldbuilding and transmedia storytelling and how they can be applied to games. I published a thesis and paper for GHItaly 2021 (http://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2934/paper4.pdf). This paper reports on a study investigating the scope of Interactive Storytelling with a narrative approach, emphasizing the debate between narrative and interaction, and analyzing issues related to narratology and ludology.  I also produced a small prototype interactive narrative that you can use as my writing sample. (https://sithra.itch.io/the-masque-of-the-red-death).
I live for narrative games, so I would really like to be part of your team.
You can reach me on [email protected]
This is my website https://lcdesign.online/
z_ro
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 12:03:49 AM »

Hi there, my name is Zach and I'd love to be considered for your Creative Writer position.

My BA is in Creative Writing and my background is in copywriting.

My professional experience ranges from SEO copywriting to scriptwriting, and many other roles in between.

You can see my professional portfolio here: https://www.zacharyroush.com/work-with-zachary
And my resume: https://www.notion.so/zacharyroush/R-sum-e4e5aa426b2d441daf6589f593f6ebfd

My creative writing experience is varied as well. I have written a novel and currently run a short story newsletter. I have also been expanding my education through courses in video game writing and interactive writing, as well as deepening my understanding of video games through coding courses.

Here is my newsletter: https://zacharyroush.substack.com/

Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like to see.

Thank you for your time!

Zach

"Before that, my life was always agitated by a tangle of tricks, feints and illusions intended to outwit the countless lures that tried to turn me into anything but a writer.” - GGM
devScott
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 02:36:14 AM »

Hello,
Hope you are doing well,
We are a CMMI level 3 company equipped with 650+ Professionals and serving our clients around the globe, at very effective rates.
Please strike a conversation so we can discuss further about your current needs.
Also, you can Skype me: cis.scott or email me: [email protected]
Will be glad to work with you.
Cheers,
Scott
LaurenW
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2022, 02:47:04 AM »

I have sent you an email.
Please check and let me know your next step.

Thanks,
Lauren W.
MKcyborg
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2022, 12:01:53 PM »

Hi there, is your creative writer position still open?

I'm a graduate of Southern New Hampshire University with a degree focused on writing in video games. I've done a good bit of work in the past for video game news websites, game jams, and even a company making a game for Steam (Monochrome RPG Episode 1: The Maniacal Morning.) I'm currently looking for another project to work on and would love to join your team. Here's the link to my portfolio: https://brianrenadettegaming.carrd.co/

Hope to hear from you soon!
Spacedogrun
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2022, 08:27:50 PM »

Hi this is Tata!

I'm a writer who worked for a video game project and delivered 340 pages for that. Is it good that if I can have your email address? Happy to send more writing samples for your reference if the gig is still open!
CpgEaton101
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2022, 11:25:31 AM »

Hi I'm Collin,

I'm a backend developer with over 8 years experience in game development and design. I graduated of Wilmington University with a bachelor's degree in software design and development.

You can find my portfolio here:
https://forum.gamemaker.io/index.php?threads/for-hire-experienced-gms2-gml-programmer-looking-for-work.98882/

If your still in need of a designer for your routes/towns/ and more you can get a hold of me via discord
at: Angrypuck#2568

Have a great day in the meantime!
Shostakovich
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2023, 10:36:08 AM »

Hi, I am Ronan.

I would be filling the Creative Writing role if it is still available. I have a great deal of experience writing, and I have studied it at multiple universities. I am Seventeen currently and have been working on college for a few years, and am going into Game Design as a major. Since I've never worked on a game in a group before, I don't have much experience. Because of this, I'm willing to work for free or very cheap.

If you're interested in my services, please contact me at [email protected]

Thank you.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic