Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:58:13 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRedemption of the Damned - PC survival horror
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Redemption of the Damned - PC survival horror  (Read 2828 times)
AStarkova
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2022, 08:23:01 AM »

Work with environment and level design

In the new "Redemption of the Damned" developer diary we're happy to show the new location.

Fascinating backgrounds, bizarre rock shapes, towering and menacing walls are the results of working with the environment and level design, which is worth paying attention to.

It is not surprising that already now we are hearing your wishes about release of this game on VR too in order to be able to immerse yourself in the dark atmosphere of this hidden world as much as possible.

Here is where you can add the game in your wishlist: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1620420/Redemption_of_the_Damned/
AStarkova
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2022, 02:29:50 AM »

Fire wall

Fresh news about the ongoing work on "Redemption Of The Damned".

Gamepad support was added a month ago.

Now we are working with new locations and, as a result, actively expanding the functionality of gameplay events.

Here is one of such novelties - a fire wall. Designed to protect the player from getting into certain areas. We all know that gamers like to go where developers don't want them to be Smiley

Of course, the use of such mechanics in different conditions entails work on adaptability - the visual component, the functional component. As a result, it became possible to place a fiery wall on any surface, in any form. Yes, and with the settings (parameters of collision, particles, sounds), complete order is beauty.

We boasted a little about the work, for which, I think, you will forgive us and appreciate the prototype of the described gaming entity in the video.
kevin andersson
Level 1

Producer/ Designer by day and Programmer by night

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2022, 08:13:38 AM »

Been watching the devlogs! Great work! Your game looks really cool Smiley

AStarkova
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2022, 07:28:44 AM »

Dev diary: abyss.

The Black Abyss is one of the locations in our future PC survival game, part of a large multi-level dungeon, along with the catacombs, caves, churches...

This mysterious complex, left by unknown, got its name from the dark and endless abyss, through which thin bridges are stretched.

Everything indicates that many secrets and dangers lurk here.

Already in Steam! So, find and add in your wishlist!
Alain
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2022, 10:57:13 PM »

Really atmospheric and cool creatures, the theme is right up ma alley Smiley

mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2022, 07:11:02 AM »

Art design, animations, models and overall atmosphere look and sound gorgeous. Combat mechanics seem to be thought-out and varied also.

The only small nitpick is that the NPC enemies seem quite predictable. Instead of just coming at the player and fighting, they could move in more interesting ways: yield hits, escape, hide behind walls and sneak attack the player. This would make battles even more scary.

Pity that it doesn’t have online co-op mode (I presume). Once I started playing survival games with others, I’ve found it hard to enjoy them alone. But that’s just me. Great stuff.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic