Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 06:29:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[Kickstarter] Prometheus Wept, a dark TB RPG from the developer of Vigilantes
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Kickstarter] Prometheus Wept, a dark TB RPG from the developer of Vigilantes  (Read 327 times)
TimeSlip
Level 1

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2021, 02:06:44 PM »

Hi!

Some of you might remember Vigilantes a crime themed, turn based RPG for PC. It was released in late 2018, and I spent around 6 months adding post release updates after launch.

Since then, I've been working on a new turn based RPG: Prometheus Wept. It has much of Vigilantes' DNA, with turn based combat, deep character development, gritty writing, crafting, but enhances the formula with simultaneous battles between cyberspace and the physical world, deeper mechanics and improved production values. It's also likely the only game where you can incapacitate an enemy by dropping a shark on them!

A demo is available, and Prometheus Wept is currently on Kickstarter. It also has a Steam page.

The setting is a near future earth, in the wake of a mass cyber-attack, which corrupted all digital devices it encountered, resulting in the collapse of civilization.

To make matters worse, a small number of computer systems were granted machine learning abilities from the cyber-attack, resulting the the emergence of the first true artificial intelligences, who are unfortunately insane by any human standards, quite insane.

You play as a C-Tec (or Classical Technologist) who earns a living by inserting your consciousness into corrupted computer systems to retrieve valuable, old world technology.

If you have any questions or feedback about the game, do let me know and I'll get back to you!

Have a good one!
Daithi

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic