Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:16:09 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioAfter 7 years struggling as a game composer i'm finally creating a game i'd play
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: After 7 years struggling as a game composer i'm finally creating a game i'd play  (Read 3395 times)
tobiweiss
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2021, 12:32:18 AM »

I began this whole "i want to become a game composer" journey ~10 years ago and went all in. Working at festivals by day, composing by night. I spent all the money i earned on new vst's and equipment + daily costs and ~2 years ago i was able to quit my side-job and focus 100% on composing music, since i was earning enough money to survive. There were quite a few smaller game releases, but this one feels different for me, since it's the first "real" game.
 ~7 months ago I started to compose the OST of needforcheese (An action-adventure dungeon crawler by the lovely and awesome greengogames team).. It's still a looooot of work to do, but: we already created a coherent musically concept (which instruments/leitmotifs do we use when/why/where? when will the music be dynamic/interactive? etcpp), 22 tracks and ~ 40-50 minutes of music (dynamic layers/alternative versions not included). I shared quite a lot of stuff of the previous steps of the OST production on my social media and kind of accompanied the progress - that's why it's even more awesome to be able to share some actual gameplay rn - even if it's super early gameplay. ⁠ The game will probably be released somewhere in late-2022.

Have fun with your work and have a great day!

MaggieBigelowMusic
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2021, 09:55:58 AM »

Very cool! It sounds awesome and so great to hear that your dream is being realized through your hard work and dedication.

Congrats!
sambloom
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2021, 01:25:35 AM »

I'm really interested to see how the music develops more. It sounds really unique with all that cutoff and fade-in going on all at once. I get a bit the same feels as when I hear a new genre for the first time
bartorexplay
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 11:58:13 PM »

Sounds great! Very good job

Noble's Life: Kingdom Reborn
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic