Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 08:08:05 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDarKnot
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: DarKnot  (Read 915 times)
DarKnotTeam
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2021, 11:26:10 AM »

DarKnot is a game about the extermination of monsters on the streets of a foggy city. Here you will find insidious opponents, dynamic battles and puzzles of various degrees of difficulty. It's up to you to decide in what style to play the game.
ALL REVIEWS:
No user reviews
DEVELOPER:
ElbrusLab
Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1371560/DarKnot/ FREE DEMO!

ABOUT THIS GAME
DarKnot is a game about the extermination of monsters on the streets of a foggy city. Here you will find insidious opponents, dynamic battles and puzzles of various degrees of difficulty. It's up to you to decide in what style to play the game.

Darknot is a gloomy world of eternal terror. You are the one who has been left alone face to face with death in its labyrinth. Challenge yourself and try to keep your mind sane meanwhile. Welcome to the third-person non-linear psychological horror game with a high level of detail and immersion by ElbrusLab studio, a new indie game developer.

The action takes place in a labyrinth of streets of a huge city. They feel deceptively calm while being deadly dangerous. You know almost nothing about the world and even less about yourself. You can become a part of Darknot, resist it, or find your own way. What will you do to survive? How far will you go to save yourself?

Explore the world, experience survival at your best. You choose your own style of play and strategy for interaction with each of your opponents. You can return to Darknot again, and your fate will be different.

Features:
- Playability: we use immersive simulation and design the lore in a way that will provide you with a new experience every time you play the game.
- Hardcore: it is not easy to survive, each death affects the plot development and the way you play through the game.
- Several styles to play: Warrior, Explorer, Survivor, Fugitive. Who of them are you?

Gio603
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 04:49:30 PM »

Hi! I have not tried the game but I just want to say that even after watching the trailer I have 0 idea what this game is about besides that it's in a creepy setting. I think some additional shots of the actual gameplay that you show in the screenshots could be put into the trailer. as of right now it looks like a teaser.
DarKnotTeam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 01:57:36 AM »

New trailer game

Steam page:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1371560/DarKnot/
DarKnotTeam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 01:58:17 AM »

Hi! I have not tried the game but I just want to say that even after watching the trailer I have 0 idea what this game is about besides that it's in a creepy setting. I think some additional shots of the actual gameplay that you show in the screenshots could be put into the trailer. as of right now it looks like a teaser.

You are right, we have posted a new trailer, please take a look at it
DarKnotTeam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 09:31:08 AM »

Today we will go to Endspring, the fourth city where the events of DarKnot unfold. Winding foggy streets, courtyards-wells, dark alleys of the city park - all this was once full of life, and now it has plunged into a nightmare and turned into a deadly maze for random travelers. The fourth city is easy to get into, but in order to survive and get out, you will have to look into the darkness, figure out what is happening and find a way out.
We are preparing dangerous adventures for release, and now we want to show you some concepts. You will learn something from the build or teaser, and something will become spoilers of the city-above-the-earth, to which we get out after wandering through the catacombs.The text size exceeds the maximum

DarKnotTeam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2021, 04:13:15 AM »

Now the character and the player will be able to find a new set: a plaid shirt and dark trousers. One of the mechanics of the game is connected with clothes, so you will get a new one not at the very beginning, but after running around the location and getting dirty. Dirty clothes become an excellent "beacon" for opponents with a sensitive sense of smell. Dogs, insects and jojo can smell you from a mile away. To attract less attention, you need to find new clothes or dust yourself off.

It will not be easy to find a checkered shirt in the build: in DarKnot, any resources that increase the chances of survival must either be found, created, or otherwise obtained.
Support us with your voice, as well as try out a free demoThe text size exceeds the maximum

DarKnotTeam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2021, 10:45:57 AM »

DarKnot Steam
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1371560/DarKnot/

Do you like to sit in a chair? Here is our hero still loves! And he does it for a reason: the chair allows our hero to regain strength and not lose game progress.

DarKnot saves are associated with relatively safe places from where the hero starts each new walk. You will immediately understand where you can relax when you see an old cozy armchair. During the game, trophies, useful things and other things that you or your character decide to keep will accumulate around the chair. Who knows what a safe corner will turn into by the end of the game, because everything is just beginning.The text size exceeds the maximum

DarKnotTeam
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2021, 10:59:50 AM »

New location. It is both visually beautiful in its detail and at the same time mysterious. A lot of questions remain. For example, how does the hero end up here after dark labyrinths?

mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 11:21:09 AM »

It is interesting to test a game that looks already well polished. I played for about an hour, so nothing too deep here. As expected, audiovisuals are handsome and professional. Assets are well crafted and you seem to know your audience.

But does it look even too professional? I feel your promotional material lacks personality: everything works but nothing really sticks. There are tons of similar horror games available nowadays, and it is hard to stand out.

Teams with limited marketing budgets need personality and a hook to distinguish their products from the competitors; something that can be pitched within a sentence or two. "It's up to you to decide in what style to play the game." is a vague and dangerous sentence. It can easily be interpreted as "we don't know what kind of game this should be".

But about the demo itself. Models look fantastic, albeit quite static. I also liked the ambience audio and natural silence; I think that is something you should emphasize in the trailer instead of loud music. It could be much more disturbing and distinctive.

At least with my i7/GTX 1060 there were quite a few glitches in graphics and physics: shadows appeared abruptly, fridge door shook uncontrollably for a couple of seconds when I opened it etc. Walking is strangely stiff and slow, running works better. Camera keeps going behind obstacles, which seems like a common problem in third-person games. Fights should be more dramatic: now they are pretty bland, and sometimes I wasn't even aware of being attacked. Also, there were many sudden deaths that can't be prepared for.

And as this is a horror game, I was frightened two times. The first one was when I saw a shadow on the wall during the intro. The shadow was probably my own, which is strange considering I didn’t have a reflection in a mirror. Second time was when my controller started vibrating next to me even though I was playing with keyboard and mouse (please, fix that). I think the mood was better in the first-person intro, fighting isn’t really my thing.

But then again, I don’t probably belong to your target audience, so don't take me too seriously. I usually want my survival games in co-op (and you’re going to have one, I guess).

I wish you all the best with the release. It is a tough competition out there.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic