Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:46:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Ship Mystery
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Ship Mystery  (Read 393 times)
Ondra
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2021, 10:36:55 AM »

Genre
Game is point&click 2D horror adventure game.

It takes place on the cargo ship's deck at the beginning of the 20th century. Because her flag belongs to the most awesome monarchy ever existed, Austro-Hungarian Empire!, her crew consists of Austrians (these are eastern "not so evil" Germans), spirited Balkans (those are the citizens of King's Landing city in Game of Thrones series) and awesome Czechs (Ċ vejk's contemporaries but this time as a sailors, what might go wrong?). They will go through a lot of troubles together, some of them only for a limited time however.

Scope

I considered individual features, their costs and my skills... To cut a long story short, I removed everything. Build nothing is easy, right?

And so I started adding more features again. I have written short story with a sea monster, few dead people and impossibility of escape. One would even enjoy such situation, but not our main hero, he is a pragmatist and his main goal is to survive.

The game itself is designed for mobile phones (android only?) and play time should be about 2 hours. I would like people to start playing it while commuting to work and finish it on their way back home.

Goals

Main goal is to finish it.

That's it.

Maybe there is more...

To tell a story and make people like it.

Screens

These are in game screenshots.

Testing scene, most like it won't be in final game.

Next steps

Tommorow: create first game scene
Long term: make a vertical demo

Ondra
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 12:42:41 AM »

I was working on save/load system recently. This is something which is very important and not fun to make, at least for me. As a nice surprise I found out that I have some dangling pointers in my code. When I was trying to save some strings all went wrong and something different was saved. I managed to fix several bugs this way, what a nice side effect.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic