Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:14:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingRatomic : A story ab rat lab with elemental powers and a depressed computer unit
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ratomic : A story ab rat lab with elemental powers and a depressed computer unit  (Read 607 times)
PierrickC
Level 0

Unpopulat indie dev

View Profile WWW
« on: November 10, 2021, 05:00:57 PM »

Hello

I just released a new game yesterday

https://chromaticdream.itch.io/ratomic

I was a bit tired to do super short gamejam so I decided to take a little more time to do something with a bit more content.

I guess it's a sort of a story platformer ? But not really, you should really try it out by yourself !

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 02:54:56 AM »

Can't run it (Linux) but the gifs look cute and I like the setting Smiley
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 03:25:52 PM »

Looks and sounds very good, original and polished. I especially liked the way the creature lights the environment. Also the transitions from level to another were great.

Basic idea and playability seems polished as well. The game flows well (no unnecessary transition screens between the runs) and is frustrating and addictive at the same time in a positive way.

I found no problems with controls, but as a complete bungler who can't even run straight with a controller, I'd like to make a few suggestions:
- It would be nice to have a couple of difficulty levels to slow down the scrolling speed etc. The difficulty curve was rather steep for me.
- Depth is sometimes hard to perceive and I think most of the deaths were because of that. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out any ideas to improve this.
- Volume slider is a little unintuitive as I found no way to increase the value without decreasing it into zero.

Very good work overall. I didn't make it very far, but this one left an urge to try again.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
PierrickC
Level 0

Unpopulat indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 04:50:51 PM »

Can't run it (Linux) but the gifs look cute and I like the setting Smiley

I'm sorry it is windows only, but thanks for looking !
PierrickC
Level 0

Unpopulat indie dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 04:53:53 PM »

Looks and sounds very good, original and polished. I especially liked the way the creature lights the environment. Also the transitions from level to another were great.

Basic idea and playability seems polished as well. The game flows well (no unnecessary transition screens between the runs) and is frustrating and addictive at the same time in a positive way.

I found no problems with controls, but as a complete bungler who can't even run straight with a controller, I'd like to make a few suggestions:
- It would be nice to have a couple of difficulty levels to slow down the scrolling speed etc. The difficulty curve was rather steep for me.
- Depth is sometimes hard to perceive and I think most of the deaths were because of that. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out any ideas to improve this.
- Volume slider is a little unintuitive as I found no way to increase the value without decreasing it into zero.

Very good work overall. I didn't make it very far, but this one left an urge to try again.

Wow  thanks a lot for testing it, you're probably the very first player, congrats !
 Beer!

I think the difficulty level is something good to implement, and yeah this 2.5d depth is something very few game are attempting because it can be hard to perceive for some players, out of curiosity which level did you get to ?

Thanks
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2021, 03:34:31 PM »

I got to the level with can automats (fifth, I think). The second level was by far the hardest that far.

And when it comes to the depth-perception problem, couple of ideas came into my mind. Perhaps you could raise the camera a bit and tilt down so the depth-axis would get more room, or add a faint horizontal line for indicating the current depth level.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic