Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411506 Posts in 69379 Topics- by 58435 Members - Latest Member: graysonsolis

April 30, 2024, 09:51:30 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesBOH: indie game for PC \ Mac \ Linux \ Amiga OS
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: BOH: indie game for PC \ Mac \ Linux \ Amiga OS  (Read 43050 times)
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2010, 10:30:45 PM »

@allen

Glad you like it so much!
And if you send your records, I'll be even happier Wink
GreatFox
Level 0

Fox

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »

Good to see that you are still updating this. Also to note, if you need/want to alter the translation, I am at your service since my military service (oh god, pun) is finally over.
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 23, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »

Good to see that you are still updating this.

Thanks, I hope you'll enjoy the changes  Smiley

Also to note, if you need/want to alter the translation, I am at your service since my military service (oh god, pun) is finally over.

I'm happy for you and thanks for the kind offer! (In the meanwhile, I got some help from another Finnish friend of mine.)
GreatFox
Level 0

Fox

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2010, 01:24:07 AM »

(In the meanwhile, I got some help from another Finnish friend of mine.)
I actually noticed that you had two finns as betatesters, so I wasn't concerned about translation becoming obsolete or anything like that.

And about removing the sidestepping... I like your choice. It always felt that it was out of place funtion, serving no real purpose.
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2010, 01:49:35 AM »

I actually noticed that you had two finns as betatesters, so I wasn't concerned about translation becoming obsolete or anything like that.

Yep, they're two great friends of mine... I know them personally (IIRC I told you I lived in Oulu for 2 years) Smiley

And about removing the sidestepping... I like your choice. It always felt that it was out of place funtion, serving no real purpose.

Oh, man, you don't know how happy such words make me!!! Thank you!
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2010, 07:51:36 AM »

Hello,

I just wanted to inform those who haven't had the chance yet or couldn't bother trying the demo, that I've recently released a 20-minute gameplay video that should be useful to quickly get a first idea of the game (and it also shows many features that were included after the previous video was produced) - you can find it here.

On another note, if you deem BOH worth of it, please vote it in the Indie of the Year Awards (it's in the "Adventure" category of the "TOP 100 RELEASED INDIES of 2010" list) - the contest is at the second round now and the battle is tough!
(I hope I'm not doing anything wrong here - if so, please let me know and I'll remove the invite ASAP.)
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: December 09, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »

Hello people,

of course, you wouldn't expect me to let the year end without giving BOH players one freebie, would you? Wink The 14th update is now out! It ups the total number of missions to a whopping 50 (for many tens of hours of play), brings a few enhancements and makes life easier to who enjoys creating his own missions!

More specifically, this update:
 * reworks the advanced automapper (the realistic mode has been replaced with the fullscreen view, which allows to see more; the controls have been made more comfortable);
 * improves the video modes suggestions;
 * allows terminating map lines with CR+LF;
 * improves error logging;
 * improves the graphics of blocks in theme "C64";
 * adds 5 new missions;
 * retouches slightly a few missions;
 * retouches slightly the Spanish translation;
 * updates the manuals;
 * applies various other changes.

The update can be downloaded for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website.
The demos have been updated to reflect the changes.

Enjoy!

P.S. BOH is one of the 100 indie games that made it to the second phase of the Indie of the Year Awards - if you think it deserves to go further, vote for it!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #147 on: December 09, 2010, 06:28:51 PM »

I was just playing this the other day and the main menu music got stuck in my head for 2 hours  WTF
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: December 09, 2010, 11:51:56 PM »

I was just playing this the other day and the main menu music got stuck in my head for 2 hours  WTF

Grin (from which theme, BTW?)
deathtotheweird
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2010, 11:59:25 PM »

ah the default. i like switching between it, the egyptian and the castle themes.
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »

ah the default.

Ah, yes... those initial notes stuck also in my bro's head when I was composinging it... and he wasn't happy about it Shrug

i like switching between it, the egyptian and the castle themes.

Smiley
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: April 03, 2012, 03:57:17 PM »

Hi all,

I'm extremely happy to celebrate BOH's 3rd birthday by informing you that I have just released the 15th and final update, which brings even more contents and improvements!

More specifically, this update:
 * adds 5 missions;
 * adds the Dutch translation;
 * optimizes even further the rendering engine;
 * replaces the transition effect with a cooler one;
 * centers the graphics vertically when playing in a screen bigger than the game area;
 * allows providing just alphamask files for all the graphics of themes;
 * replaces icons with bigger and crisper ones;
 * allows to configure the URL for the submissions of records to the online world standings (so that, in future, standings will remain accessible also if the URL changes);
 * updates the manuals;
 * applies various other minor optimizations/fixes.

The update can be downloaded for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website at www.bohthegame.com.
The demos have been updated to reflect the changes.
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2012, 09:20:59 AM »

Hi all,

I'd like to let you know that, thanks to the warm and positive feedback received, today I have released the BOH soundtrack, in a deluxe package prepared with the same meticulous care that characterizes BOH throughout.

The package contains:
  • 18 tracks (6 menu tunes, 6 failure jingles and 6 success jingles, for a total of over 11 minutes) in CD quality;
  • a print-quality, jewel case-format, 8-page booklet which accompanies the reader on an aural journey through the mazes of BOH;
  • a print-quality, jewel case-format, double-sided inlay;
  • a color serigraphy for high-quality CD stickers and pressed CD labels;
  • a black-and-white serigraphy for LightScribe labels.

Everybody can download the soundtrack for free from http://www.bohthegame.com/downloads.html.

(Note: the picture is only a mockup of how a real CD would look like.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:30:04 AM by saimo » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic