Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411511 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 03:08:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSaltyFront: Robot AI Fighting Live on Twitch
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: SaltyFront: Robot AI Fighting Live on Twitch  (Read 400 times)
Tupperwarez
Level 0

Zero-day Tupperwarez and cereals

View Profile WWW
« on: November 22, 2021, 11:56:12 PM »

Hi, Tupperwarez here! I develop and run SaltyFront, an AI-controlled auto-battler with audience participation that runs 24/7 on Twitch.tv: https://www.twitch.tv/saltyfront

2 teams of 4 AI-controlled mechs battle in out in single-elimination tournaments. Stream viewers can participate by typing commands in Twitch chat, either by betting on matches or rolling their own pilots to join in the fight. If you're familiar with the Final Fantasy Tactics: Battleground channel on Twitch, it operates pretty much the same way.

I recently pushed a major update to overhaul the graphics, upgrading the mechs from billboarded sprites to 3D models, as well as adding day/night lighting conditions for the maps. It's all very much a work-in-progress, so having more eyes on it and getting more feedback would be a great help. Please consider stopping by and having a look! If you have a Twitch account, you can sign up with the !register command, which lets you bet on matches with !bet or roll your own pilot to throw in the ring with !fight.

I've also launched a website with info on game mechanics and commands, plus some assorted widgets like model and map viewers: https://saltyfront.net/ I'll also be putting up weekly blog articles discussing stuff I have planned for the game, or the design process behind a particular feature/element of the game.

Until now I've been working on whatever features and adjustments that come to my mind, and I've got the stability under control. What I really want to focus on now is fleshing out the combat mechanics, so getting feedback from more people would go a long way toward developing it into something solid.

Edit: To be more specific, here are some questions for anyone taking a look or joining in.
1. Does the UI give you have a clear idea of what to do to bet or join in?
2. Does the UI provide enough information for you to decide on which team to bet on, or are you randomly picking?
3. During matches, is it easy to keep track of what's going on? If not, what is not clear about the flow of combat?
4. How is the pacing of the combat? Does it move too fast (matches are over too soon), or too slow (matches drag on)?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 05:05:36 AM by Tupperwarez » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic