Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1397264 Posts in 67453 Topics- by 60671 Members - Latest Member: jessmorgan

December 06, 2021, 01:16:51 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRoadToads.io
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: RoadToads.io  (Read 115 times)
danslocombe
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2021, 06:27:32 AM »

ROAD TOADS

Road Toads is multiplayer frogger with pushing. A fast paced game that relies on dodging obstacles and pushing friends in front of cars and into rivers.

---

The project is based on a local multiplayer prototype I made a few years back. After the success of the First Annual Road Toads World Championship in 2019 with the crowning of the world champion I knew I had to do something with the game. After a failed Nintendo Switch pitch, I started working on RoadToads.io, a free version for the browser.

---

Footage from early RoadToads.io version:

This is by far the most complex game project I have ever worked on due to the multiplayer requirements. Because players interact by pushing that affects subsequent inputs, it runs "roll back" networking like you would find in a fighting game. Each player keeping a timeline of states, hopefully I will have time to write a post about this.

I'm hoping to release an alpha version of RoadToads.io in early 2022 after I have address some stability issues.

For now, the local prototype version is available here https://danslocom.be/gamepages/crossy.html
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic