Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1397261 Posts in 67453 Topics- by 60670 Members - Latest Member: skaymore

December 06, 2021, 12:50:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCerulean Odyssey [JRPG with point & click puzzles]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cerulean Odyssey [JRPG with point & click puzzles]  (Read 235 times)
Igor Sandman
Level 0

Artist and Game dev

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2021, 05:37:34 AM »

Hello,

I'm currently working on the development of my next game.

Cerulean Odyssey is a JRPG with point & click puzzles where the spells you cast in battle can be used to cure a NPC or light a brazier.

This is the dream game for me! I've been wanting to make a JRPG since I got into indie dev some 7 or 8 years ago. It was my favorite genre as a kid, but, for some reason I've always convinced myself that such a game was too ambitious. The truth of the matter is, I'm at a point in my life where I want to do what I love. So I sat down and analyzed why JRPG are a tall order and I tried to "cut to the chase". Whether I'm successful or not, only the future will tell. However, I'm determined to enjoy every step of the way.

Key features:

• Immersive story with mature themes
  • Hand-drawn graphics
  • Fun puzzles to unlock areas and to progress through the story.
  • Time-based battle system.
  • Battle strategy involving MP management.

I'd like to share my process with you as I progress through the development of the game.
In its current state, Cerulean Odyssey has a 30 minute demo of story, battle and puzzles. My days involve fixing bugs and polishing the demo until I'm happy with it. Then will come the time to add content.

If you're interested in more casual stuff about the game, follow me on Twitter: @igorsandman

I hope you'll enjoy joining me on the journey!
Igor

JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 03:04:52 AM »

I no longer have the time to invest in long JRPGs but goodness did I love them when I was younger Smiley

What I can do instead though is follow the devlog journey  Coffee
Igor Sandman
Level 0

Artist and Game dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 11:16:37 AM »

I no longer have the time to invest in long JRPGs but goodness did I love them when I was younger Smiley

What I can do instead though is follow the devlog journey  Coffee
I know the feeling!
I'm happy you're interested in the devlog. I hope you'll enjoy the ride.

buto
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 12:14:04 PM »

Looks very good! I'm a bit sorry for the littly guy who is beat up in the frist screenshot - but that's probably because the animations and effects look nice and impactful Smiley. The transitions also look nice and fast - really cool Smiley

I think it's a very good idea to follow a project for which you're passionate but to cut it down to a somewhat manageable size (hopefully).

Best of luck! Have fun Smiley

Igor Sandman
Level 0

Artist and Game dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2021, 04:21:08 AM »

Looks very good! I'm a bit sorry for the littly guy who is beat up in the frist screenshot - but that's probably because the animations and effects look nice and impactful Smiley. The transitions also look nice and fast - really cool Smiley

I think it's a very good idea to follow a project for which you're passionate but to cut it down to a somewhat manageable size (hopefully).

Best of luck! Have fun Smiley

Thanks for your kind words and compliments!
Judging by the current state of development, I think I managed to find a way to make this game manageable. Which is greta because it means I get to make my dream project!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic