Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69380 Topics- by 58436 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

April 30, 2024, 06:11:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHeed
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heed  (Read 1156 times)
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« on: July 15, 2009, 05:02:37 AM »

An encounter with a strange spirit and an even stranger fly leave a traveler with questions about purpose, fate and the source.

Follow this traveler as they seek to find something more from their life and find their true purpose.

To play, all you need is a mouse, a left mouse button, a heart and a brain. Smiley

Get it here
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 07:07:58 AM »

I just played through the game. It was a nice experience. The theme, art and music were all lovely. The balance between passive reading and active playing was perhaps a bit off, but it was ok since the story and mood held it afloat. The puzzles also helped in this. Most of them felt very fair and fun. They were limited in scope in a very nice way. I could have used some additional hints on the monk-spirit-puzzle. Before figuring out what to do I felt a bit stuck and only had my memory to guide me (fitting as that may be  Wink)

My only real complaint would be the movement speed of the player/fly. I almost gave up half-way through the game. I got bored of the waiting times when moving from point to point when solving a puzzle. If you'd allow me to click to skip the walk and jump directly to my destination, I'd be one happy camper Smiley

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Ben304
Level 0

Neato!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2009, 03:21:50 AM »

Thanks, Dacke Smiley

It's good to hear the puzzles worked well (for the most part), and I appreciate your kind comments about the rest of the game. I have a habit of being a bit over-wordy when writing things, so I completely agree with your point (even if I am a bit hopeful of losing this trait over time).

Thanks for the suggestions and for playing - I very much appreciate it Smiley.
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 05:53:22 AM »

No, thank you for giving me this game Smiley

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic