Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 06:42:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAvaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game  (Read 18048 times)
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2023, 03:46:19 PM »

I find it quite hard to understand what is going on in the matches. Ships look very floaty and hard to control, so it really just looks like a battle of attrition to the untrained (my) eye. I think it would be good to make it visually more obvious what the different parts of a ship are + maybe add a color-outline to identify the different players. Or maybe color the components in a player color?

Currently its gray modules vs gray modules and every part looks the same. So in the end its just outline of a flat ship vs another weird flat ship.

It might help to make some modules larger, like hexagonal tetris blocks. This could help make ships visually more distinct too. if modules were not all the same height, ships would not be as flat as they are now. The current ship style would work better in 2D, in 3D they look very weird to me.

It looks impressive from a technical side,

mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2023, 02:17:17 PM »

Thank you very much for the constructive and thorough feedback!

I find it quite hard to understand what is going on in the matches. Ships look very floaty and hard to control, so it really just looks like a battle of attrition to the untrained (my) eye.

It kind of is. Especially in tournaments, it is sometimes wise to sacrifice one's own ship in order to take down as many opponent modules as possible. But it depends. Flying in a vacuum takes some practice, but it isn’t such a hassle as it used to be (until you start losing thrusters). Nowadays the most experienced players seem to win constantly, which is a good indicator of improvement. There’s also arcade-mode that adds drag and makes flying easier, but also takes away lots of the humorous elements. Version by version, the more careful tactics seem to be more successful ones. I could use better editing in videos to bring up more interesting stuff, though.

I think it would be good to make it visually more obvious what the different parts of a ship are + maybe add a color-outline to identify the different players. Or maybe color the components in a player color?

Currently its gray modules vs gray modules and every part looks the same. So in the end its just outline of a flat ship vs another weird flat ship.

Each module is indeed colored with the player's color. Players had difficulties telling their ship in the previous versions, so I added a setting to increase the color intensity, and now they are well visible at least on my monitors. I try to be subtle with emissions, but perhaps I should ramp the colors up for the videos. Here's how they look at full emission:

It might help to make some modules larger, like hexagonal tetris blocks. This could help make ships visually more distinct too. if modules were not all the same height, ships would not be as flat as they are now. The current ship style would work better in 2D, in 3D they look very weird to me.

Tetris-suggestion is an interesting one, but it would require major changes to the game logic, so it probably won’t be done. In practice, there’s no time to aim at any particular module, so telling types from another isn’t that important anyway. The only module that should be distinguished is the brightly lit cockpit (once you lose that, you lose the ship). Same thing with the graphics, although with my skills, 2D probably wouldn’t look any better (now everything’s at least consistently ugly).

But these were very valuable first impressions. I’ll keep them in mind for this and the future projects. Beer!

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
marcgfx
Level 8

if you don't comment, who will?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2023, 03:41:32 PM »

The coloring is good enough, I agree. Main problem for me is that it all looks like cirlces. Maybe add different shapes, e.g. triangles/squares/stars/crosses, or have the outline colored in some, the center in others. Some modules could just be black, others gray/white. I can see that there are different modules, but nothing looks distinct. I think I know where the pilot capsule might be, but even that is really hard to tell!

Is there no strategic importance to where you place the modules or what you target? Trying to get into the best position to take on an enemy sounds like basic strategy to me, but I guess with the floaty controls that might be difficult? Maybe teleport behind enemies (at a cost) to get into an advantageous position Smiley ... maybe you could have weapons that change the environment, e.g. floating shields/bombs that can be pushed by both opponents.

I used to play a game called roboforge, where you could build your own robots. The most fun I had was thinking of novel/crazy ideas and building really weird stuff.

I'm not sure how the tetris-block idea would be in conflict with your current mechanics. You could simply join 3 modules together and if one is destroyed the whole block no longer works.

But it sounds like you have some playtesters, most likely you will be getting much better feedback from them. I just think it looks like a game I could like, but watching the matches makes me think differently.

mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2023, 04:34:45 AM »

You’re actually the first one to mention about the modules. Especially during the local multiplayer battles (the main feature) ships get very small, so I don’t think making modules distinguishable would affect the gameplay. It’s enough to tell the owner of the ship, and roughly the number of modules still left.

The thing I agree with (and which might be the main cause of your critique) is that the game suffers from a lack of cunning ways to win. There are occasional surprises, but often it’s just shooting until the opponent runs out of modules. More interesting arena layouts could help. For instance, generating meteors with Perlin etc. instead of placing them randomly would make ribbon-like patterns for kinds of roads and protective walls. Battles only take a minute or so, so this is definitely not a strategy game. But that could bring the tactical level almost on par with Pacman.

There’s one feature that is missing from the videos: the shipyard where custom ships can be built. This is one of the things I’m planning to concentrate more on in the near future, and one I should probably make a video about.

You can create and modify ships from quite a few module types: mines, tractor/pressor beams, shields, brakes (to help flying) etc. A warp engine is also implemented, but it needs some refining (with meteors and detached modules flying around, there’s often no room to teleport the big ships). Partly due to this, I’ve made the graphics consistent by recycling module parts. This makes it easier to add more modules in the future. Might look pretty dull, though.

Bigger modules would require changes to the shipyard, module connection calculations (handling detached modules) and probably many other places. So that’s out of scope at least for now. I’m finalizing the next release version, so I won’t be implementing new features very soon.

But thanks. Although I disagree on some areas, it’s interesting to hear new ideas completely out of the box.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2023, 02:50:08 PM »

Crosshairs are pretty much the most important source of information in ATP. They have changed a lot during the development, as can be seen from the history video I posted earlier. They must meet two, often conflicting requirements: be clearly visible, but not get in the way. Earlier version (seen below) didn’t quite succeed with the latter one.

I had already reduced the crosshair opacity. To take things further, I got rid of the useless outer circle, which (I think) had some kind of purpose that I’ve since forgotten. Additionally, closed aiming triangles and rectangles were simplified, and two lines to indicate simultaneous shooting is enough instead of previously used three.

The circular energy bar opacity now increases with the energy consumption. In order to keep players aware of the usage, the circle starts blinking when the consumption exceeds 66%.

Adding the bloom effect was easy, as crosshairs are world-space UI-components. Nowadays additive GUI shaders can be made by creating a “Sprite Unlit Shader Graph” asset, and setting blending mode to “Additive”; I should probably replace my custom additive GUI-shader with this. It seems that the overlay camera’s bloom is also applied to the base camera, so game view and crosshairs must share the same post-processing effects. I may be missing something, but I didn’t find any way to change this via layers or anything.

This is how the new crosshair looks in use.

Beside this, I renamed and re-balanced some modules. As it often happens in simulations, every fixed feature seems to break two others. So (once again) it took longer than I expected.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2023, 12:42:01 PM »

About those unpredicted simulation issues I mentioned earlier…

Many unexpected things can (and will) happen in physics simulations, many of them because of the mathematical inaccuracies. So far ATP has mostly used discrete collision detection, which is performant, but sometimes unable to handle small objects with great velocities. In the animation below, for instance, a pressor beam gives the missile a double push, causing it to speed through a module.

Limiting the velocity probably helps somewhat, but similar may happen also on CPU hiccups. For a more complete solution, three collision calculation modes are introduced:
  • Fast. Always uses the discrete model. This is similar to the one used so far.
  • Accurate. Always uses continuous calculations. The most accurate one, but may increase the CPU load on action-packed situations.
  • Analytic. Default setting that tracks the projectile velocity and adjusts the mode accordingly. If everything works, this should have the benefits of the other two.

Settings page is quite badly organized. I should probably re-group all the performance-related stuff, both graphical and physical. But as I have the version 0.5.2 pretty much wrapped up (and tested also on Linux), that’s a job for 0.5.3.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2023, 04:19:24 AM »

I’ve been experiencing some frustrating technical problems, which have slowed down the release process, testing and writing. Once I get the version 0.5.2 out (hopefully in a week or two), it’s time for a hardware upgrade.

But about the game.

One particular issue has been troubling me during the final testing: as the game has gotten more complex, the number of ways to screw things up has increased steadily. I actually gave mishaps a whole new statistics page for future expansions:

With all the hassle, it is often hard to tell if incidents are bugs or just unfortunate mishaps. This can become frustrating, and too much of the player’s concentration is now wasted on being careful. Even the best AI pilots aren’t immune to accidents. In fact, various collision fixes resulted in cases where AI opponents blew themselves up at the start. They should be more careful now.

Many of the incidents are somehow related to energy, and it looks like notifications about destroyed energy sources are not enough to clarify them. In the future, I will probably add a mode, where overheating no longer destroys the energy sources. Instead, all functions would just be disabled until energy sources have cooled down.

Another common mishap are cases where the colliding projectiles damage the ship that just launched them. These are double as harmful as normal hits, since projectiles cause damage simultaneously. Cannons can also blow up projectiles; these cases became more common after I fixed various collision bugs from the previous versions. Both projectile-projectile and cannon-projectile collisions are usually (but not always) due to aggressive spam-clicking.

Players can also get direct hits from their own projectiles. These cases are easier to detect, but one curious corner case has risen: the best AI pilots are pretty good with pressor beams, and constantly push projectiles back towards the launchers. So when you see mishap info about a direct hit, it might be because of this. Be careful when shooting missiles from a close range.

As a summary: it is hard to explain complex events in an arcade game’s feedback loop. In typical simulations, tempo is slower, making it possible to open up the causality; in arcade games, there’s no possibility to do so without interfering with the game flow. Text notifications are quite bad, as no one reads the messages during the battle. An icon flash etc. on the crosshair would probably be better. I will try to improve this in the upcoming versions. As always, feedback is welcome.

Thanks.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2023, 10:04:24 AM »

All right, I FINALLY got the version 0.5.2 finished and out! Releasing seems to get harder each time.

As usual, builds for Windows, OSX and Linux can be freely downloaded from itch.io and IndieDB. Especially the OSX and Linux versions were hard to test extensively, so feedback is highly appreciated.

There has been a little pause in my development process, but I already have some kind of roadmap, so it’s time to clean up the TODO lists and kick off the 0.5.3 cycle. More about the future plans in the next post.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2023, 01:52:04 PM »

One of the first posts in my dev diaries was about the difficulty of writing anything right after a release. Things haven’t changed. Last couple of weeks I’ve been mostly refactoring and making preparations as well as various small tweaks. So not much to show just yet, but here’s a few words, so you don’t think I’m getting lazy.

The most important improvements for 0.5.3 relate to moving and mishap handling. For instance, there will be new modules to ease the movement; perhaps a ramming weapon that would make collisions more rewarding so the movement could be utilized in battles. I’ve been also experimenting with a more forgiving energy mode, where overheating no longer destroys the energy sources. Instead, functions would just be unusable until energy sources have cooled down. How the cooldown period should work and how it should be visualized, is still to be decided. I will probably add difficulty settings for movement and energy handling. This would enable careless, easy matches as well as devilishly difficult ones.

But the feature I’m personally most excited, is the new team mode. It allows two teams (2-3 players per team, 4 in total) to match against each other. Humans and AI combatants can be freely assigned to both teams, so the current, limited cooperative mode will become needless. More about this in the next post, once I have time to design it more.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2023, 02:10:56 PM »

So far the AI combatants haven’t been capable of collaboration, which is why the cooperative mode is currently artificial and limited: only one AI player against one to three humans. This will change, as 0.5.3 will introduce a fully featured team mode (still limited to four players, though). In the future, human(s) can fight against multiple AI combatants, team up with them, even battle against others with AI wingmen.

As you can imagine, this causes major changes in AI, interface as well as other, yet uncharted places. Firstly, I had to teach the AI not to target or escape its teammates, be careful when they get in the way, not try to shoot through them, and handle their ships as obstacles that should be dodged. Although I would never trust my life with them, the AI pilots already work surprisingly well with those changes. Some sort of tactical awareness must still be added in order to make AI teams battle as a unit. And of course, there has to be lots of issues I haven’t bumped into yet.

Additions to game creation and ship selection screens are needed. Menus will be completely redesigned at some point, but I made a rough implementation that should include all the mandatory functionalities (with lots of unexpected special cases).

Players must distinguish both their own ship and their teammates, which makes it hard to find good colors. For now, all team members share the team’s color, but I will try different red and blue variations for each individual in the future.

Lots of testing is required to make this work, so I have to organize multiplayer sessions at some point. I will post about those later.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2023, 12:02:07 AM »

Summer has arrived, and rising temperatures tend to slow down my working rate. The original idea was to write a tutorialish post about shader tricks I’ve been playing with, but writing takes so long, I’ll publish it a little later. Something else instead.

One particular thing has always bugged me during the test sessions: as there can be dozens of ships to choose from, it takes ages to find properly balanced ones for each player. As most ships on my computer are unusable test ships that I use in development, this may not be a problem for others. But still, I decided to take things from this

to this

In the next version, fleets can be used in all game modes, not only in tournaments. Fleets will be somewhat similar to folders, and there can be specific fleets for each game mode. This limits the number of available ships, speeding up the selection process. As the fleet-system was hastily done and not very cleverly designed, it took some refactoring to resolve the curious connections between game mode, fleet model, GUI and other places. But other than that, the change wasn’t as big as I feared.

My next short term goal is to update Unity into the latest LTS version (2022.3), and not to break everything in the process.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: June 30, 2023, 12:09:26 AM »

I updated Unity to the latest LTS version 2022.3, and was pleasantly surprised how few issues there were.
  • Console warnings started appearing here and there, but none of them seem to affect the functionality. These kinds of messages are common after major Unity updates; they are usually fixed in the following versions.
  • Some prefabs have changed in strange ways. For instance, a few disabled gameobjects became enabled and vice versa. Easy to fix, but sometimes hard to detect.
  • Colors seem clearer and deeper at some points, perhaps due to changes in post processing algorithms.
  • Force fields (that use custom shaders) became much brighter than before, and didn’t look correct anymore. I rewrote the whole shader, and now they look better than before. Other shaders haven’t changed.

The newest URP should support LOD crossfade, but I ended up having nothing but an error “Instancing: Property 'unity_LODFade' shares the same constant buffer offset with 'unity_RenderingLayer'. Ignoring.” Probably a compilation problem; maybe I should update Visual Studio as well.

My interest in LOD transitions is related to a new module type which I will tell more about in the near future. Time to re-learn Blender after a short break.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2023, 02:41:21 AM »

There, I added a brand new module type, the Shredder. It’s the first new module for over a year, so re-learning modeling and texturing process was quite a job. Softwares tends to change drastically in that time, but as my Substance license only covers the 2021 version, I was able to proceed with the old version; I like to consider myself lucky.

Shredders deal massive damage to all objects within their reach. They are efficient when ramming into enemy ships, and can also clear obstacles from the way. My goal is to make them emphasize movement: the ship's body can now be used as a weapon, and one must also be ready to escape the enemy blades. Other movement-related modifications and additions are also under way. Mines should also be more useful now, as they seem like a feasible way to battle against the shredders. Here’s a clip about shredders in action:

Functionality itself was pretty straightforward to implement, basically an overlap cast and damage to nearest enemy or neutral objects. With a little twist, of course: blades don’t stop immediately, but decelerate over time, which makes them potentially dangerous even when detached.

The only thing left is the hardest part: AI. As shredders require advanced movement handling, I will probably implement that as a part of the larger AI overhaul in the near future.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2023, 05:13:56 AM »

As I expected, there has been little time for ATP this summer. Besides the normal boring vacation and day-job things, I took my precious time to prototype a new concept that I will tell more about in the future (once I figure out what I’m actually doing). It has nothing to do with ATP, but lots to do with Unity's SRP-features and other advanced, new, poorly documented stuff.

Although not practicing any serious development, I did try to make the game moodier and more lively, adding funny little details with no gameplay value whatsoever. For instance there are now dozens of 1910's t-model spaceships flying behind menus; spectators have to arrive somehow. As you can see, their ships are much more maneuverable than the ships used in battles. Arena also has lots more parking space than one would believe.

Animations are done by using Unity’s new splines-library. There is one entrance for each side of the arena, totaling six. To save time, I created several alternative splines for one entrance (within SplineContainer-object), and copied the bunch to five others. Ships select their route randomly, and they are animated by evaluating along the selected spline in the code. To introduce more diversity, I incorporated individual variations using Perlin noise and curve tangents.

I found the spline editor GUI to be somewhat awkward to use, and (unlike the spline node visualization implies) Unity seems to ignore the spline object’s world transform. As spline containers for each entrance differ by rotation, I had to do the transforming manually in this manner (feel free to comment if I’ve missed something):

Code:
var root = objectWhereTheSplineContainerResides.transform;
var position = root.TransformPoint(spline.EvaluatePosition(time));
var forward = root.TransformDirection(spline.EvaluateTangent(time));

But that’s enough cosmetics for now; there are some real features I need to implement too. AI is already somewhat able to operate shredders, but it still has plenty of tricks to learn. Some improvements to gameplay mechanics are also on my TODO list. So in the following posts, I’ll be returning to the more meaningful stuff.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2023, 03:39:33 PM »

Beside numerous bugs, Avaruustaistelupeli is filled with weird game-overs that are logical under the hood, but the logic is hard to figure out. Lots of them can only be detected by carefully watching videos of the battles. I have already added some statistics to clarify things, but obviously it is not enough.

A very common mishap happens when players launch projectiles at high rate. Projectiles often collide and explode upon the ship that launched them, which causes heavy collateral damage to modules in their vicinity. Explosions near the cockpit may end the battle abruptly.

Players are now given an opportunity to make projectiles trigger only when they leave the ship’s bounding area. Untriggered ones won’t explode on collisions, only disappear. A dust cloud with a loud clang indicates the collision and lessens confusion on vanishing projectiles. The new mode should make the fighting more careless. As AI pilots are already rather careful with projectiles, this doesn’t affect their behavior.

Another similar case are mishaps with energy overflow, but I’m pretty clueless what to do with them. Experimenting with the subject has already taken too much time, so, in order to keep a steadier posting rate, I will probably do something else first.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2023, 02:18:08 PM »

What an interesting Unity-week... Certainly not the first controversial decision they make, but since it doesn't directly affect ATP, I'll see how things progress and perhaps return to the subject later.

Meanwhile, it’s time to once again introduce something completely meaningless with absolutely no effect on the gameplay: Mauno, the flying mediacube, who so far has entertained the audience with error screens and static, is now capable of showing videos. Its favorite subject are clips about the old ATP versions.

I haven’t figured out what Mauno’s displays are supposed to be. They’re really neither film projectors or TV screens; perhaps some kind of weird film-TV screens or something. But it doesn’t matter: as I’m after the early 1900’s style, I added a vignette film grain to the videos by loosely following the ideas presented in this great article.

Videos are rendered to texture by using Unity’s VideoPlayer-component, which is surprisingly straightforward to use. There are some potential compatibility issues with certain platforms. Importing video clips by using VD8 encoding should maximize compatibility, but I have to do some testing on this, especially on Linux.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2023, 01:44:58 AM »

Programming NPC AI is rewarding once you get into it; you never get tired of losing your own creation. On the downside, developing and testing requires lots of hard debugging as well as complicated play/cheat modes that take time to set up. Therefore I usually concentrate on AI for longer periods at once. Such as the last two weeks.

In addition to countless tweaks and fixes, there are several new features and improvements. AI players...
  • are more consistent when estimating enemies strengths and weaknesses.
  • are better at keeping safe distance to ships with more close-combat power.
  • can target vulnerable ships from a greater distance, not necessarily concentrate on the closest one anymore.
  • are able to detect if their cockpit is exposed to enemies. If so, they try to turn around to cover it.
  • dodge teammates better and can coordinate targets during the team play.
  • don’t waste their most precious weapons on harmless targets during tournaments (assuming they can move or enemies are within the reach of their cannons).
  • are aware when they’re surrounded by enemies, and will escape the situation accordingly. This will take some refining, since there’s a danger that they get too careful and waste all the time escaping.
  • perform silly things due to numerous bugs. So nothing new there.

All AI skills and characteristics are configurable. According to my plans, the next version introduces nine opponents in three different tiers, each having their own personal fighting style. I still need a set of portraits, new player selection GUI and all kinds of visual things that are not my strength. Slowly but steadily...

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2023, 02:30:14 PM »

During the last, unfortunately busy weeks, I’ve been continuing where I last left: improving the trigonometry behind the behavior and refactoring the logic. In the process, I also thoroughly tested almost all AI behaviors. A tedious job, but a boring person that I am, I found it rather interesting.

Here’s a little summary:
  • I made improvements and optimizations to obstacles (meteors, team mates) and weapon dodging. At the same time, I fixed a bug related to collision layers, that caused the AI not to detect nor dodge incoming lasers properly. Funny, I hadn’t noticed that earlier.
  • Combatants have handedness which dictates the direction they prefer in even situations.
  • Fight-or-flight behavior in critical situations is more adjustable. Also, other characteristics are now less dependent on each other, which makes them easier to tweak in the future.
  • There is some inexplicable wizardry going on in tractor and pressor beam handling. I have no idea what I’ve been after with it, but since the AI is already quite competent with beams, I decided not to mess with it too much.

Only the two most difficult things are still to be done: movement and plasma orb handling. More about those later.

And in order to avoid another tell-don’t-show -post, here’s an image that introduces the new tractor and pressor beams. Direction of the beam should now be clearly visible.

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2024, 02:52:48 PM »

How time flies...

As you might guess, I have distanced myself a little from ATP recently and delved into various other interests. These include all kinds of procedural stuff, water effects, volumetric lights and terrains, JPS-pathfinding, inverse kinematics, genetic algorithms, and more. I've also initiated a couple of new projects that I look forward to sharing more details about in the near future.

I'm finding myself a bit short on fresh ideas for ATP as well. My primary objective for this year is to polish the game as ready as it can be; while I'm open to any suggestions during this phase, my focus will predominantly be on refining existing elements. So I’m not quite done yet, but my posts will probably be more sporadic in the future.

But most importantly, I added a shockwave effect to enhance the ship's destruction:

- Dev diary here
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2024, 09:51:48 AM »

I’ve dreaded the transition of the project to a new device, fearing it would be a frustrating ordeal since I don’t store binaries to a version control. However, my computer's incessant noise finally spurred me to upgrade it. Much to my surprise, the process was completed in a mere 15 minutes or so.

The Unity upgrade from 2022.3.2f1 to 2022.3.21f1, on the other hand, didn’t go as smoothly. VFX graph effects exhibited numerous glitches, accompanied by "empty subgraph block" and "empty subgraph operator" errors, likely stemming from serialization issues. Fortunately I’m not that much into fancy effects, since I had to fix all of them manually. Despite this hiccup, overall functionality remained relatively smooth, although there may still be lingering undetected issues.

Now that I can effortlessly run Unity, Visual Studio, Blender, Substance Painter, and manage dozens of browser tabs simultaneously, expect some visual changes that I'll detail in upcoming posts.

- Dev diary here
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic