Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 20, 2024, 02:12:27 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsOffering Paid WorkPaid job: I made a lot of art and now I need a programmer!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Paid job: I made a lot of art and now I need a programmer!  (Read 1607 times)
jeremiahpapaya
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2021, 02:20:53 AM »

For context, here is a link to a small animation I have made showing some art and a bit of the gameplay loop: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-GbX_2VoDz565_cnd-BQTJvK3IYrP-xM/view?usp=sharing

... and here is a folder with some game art: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S6WwkcQ5SWvohlSrysC5sKjGExNwbDIl?usp=sharing

Hello. My name is Jeremiah from Canada. I have been developing art for use in movies, toys and video games for 8 years.  I am looking to hire a UNITY or GODOT programmer to team up with and help finish this little 4X strategy game I have designed.

My two favorite strategy games are Warlords 2 and The Battle for Polytopia. I play both of these games a lot and I love certain aspects of each game.  I was curious if a game could be made that takes the best parts of each game and puts them together, so I began to design my own game. 

I am not a programmer but I am an artist, so I began to design the visuals and UI design for the game as well as the basic gameplay loop.

I designed and completed 10 unique hexagonal tilesets with different biomes, 1 water tilset and two more 'fog of war' tilesets. I also painted up a bunch of unit types for different fantasy armies. I also have all of the buildings, landmarks, and most of the UI assets painted and completed. That is a lot of art ready to go!!!

I am now at the point where I would like a programmer to begin developing the game, while I work on playtesting and balancing. However, instead of creating the final game right away, at this stage I am more interested in creating a game-builder framework that can be used to design new armies and units, playtest, balance, etc.

This framework would have a terrain generator, with a few inputs that allow us to change and test different terrain styles, tight or dense, etc. This framework would also have a unit builder that lets me create new units, assign stats and special abilities, and maybe even upload a temp image to use in game?

After ten armies are tested and balanced in the framework (humans, high elves, wood elves, dark elves, dwarves, orcs, goblins, undead, demons, and fae.) then the final game can be completed, with music and animations. For now, only the game-builder is required.

The final game that will eventually be released will be playable on mobile devices, as well as desktops. This builder will have to be compatible with the same devices, or maybe designed in a web-based application that can fit into each device? I am open to ideas.

I have a budget to get this part of the game programmed, so this is a paid gig. It is my hope to have the framework developed in about 30 days. If you are interested and if you send me an email  I will be able to send you payment information and answer any questions. I am looking to get this job started as soon as I find the right person.

If you are interested in working on this project, you will have to have the following requirements...

- some UNITY or GODOT programming experience is required. You must be able to show professional or student work that you have done in the past, and this work must actually be your work. It doesn't matter what kind of work it is, it is just important that you can show some experience.

- you must be able to have conversations on Zoom or Skype in order to discuss changes and ideas. This would include a few conversations per week. I am unfortunately only fluent in English, so a strong understanding of English is important for the job.

- you will have to sign an NDA and a work-for-hire contract

- it is important that you are able to complete your work in a timely manner. I have been burned in the past by hiring freelancers who have faded away. Whatever timeline we decide, it is very important that we do our best to stick with it.

- after connecting via email, you will need to do a short interview on Skype or Zoom. There you can ask any question you may have. After the interviews with each applicant are complete you will be notified if you have gotten the job

If you are interested in this job then email me at [email protected]

Please include links to your work and a description of your work experience. Do you enjoy strategy games, or games on a hexagonal grid? Heavy metal or hiphop? Let me know and we can get the conversation going there.

I will be back to check this thread now and again, and I will do my best to answer questions here, but the most reliable way to reach me is by email.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic