Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1401556 Posts in 67915 Topics- by 61453 Members - Latest Member: nositowu

June 24, 2022, 01:54:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralA new forum for indies
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: A new forum for indies  (Read 1274 times)
pulse
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 13, 2021, 06:33:19 PM »

Hey. First off, I should note that I really don't want this post to be interpreted as spam or just mindless advertisement. The intent behind this post is to be a friendly invitation. If you feel this post is out of line or breaks the rules in some way, please either remove it or let me know and I'll remove it myself.

Since TIG sadly seems to be in a kind of death spiral right now you guys may be interested in a similar forum I created recently. It's called indiedevs.net and available at (obviously) https://indiedevs.net/

I can never hope to rival the great TIG - I respect the heck out of this community and I have no intentions of competing for the userbase. On the other hand, this is really one of the only places online to find people who share this type of passion for game development, specifically of the indie variety. We hope to provide a breath of fresh air and we will be glad to have you if you decide to join us. We are friendly and hope to maintain the same kind of spirit found here. Cheers. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:30:38 AM by pulse » Logged
ThemsAllTook
Administrator
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 08:29:13 AM »

Just wanted to chime in and say I fully support this. I hope you'll be able to build up a good community!

pulse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 09:27:18 AM »

Thanks! My motivation is to make a cozy community for devs, we'll see if it works in some time My Word!.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 09:34:34 AM by pulse » Logged
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 01:01:49 PM »

Just wanted to chime in and say I fully support this. I hope you'll be able to build up a good community!
Secounded. I wish the best of success to your forum.

Golds
Loves Juno
Level 9

Juno sucks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 07:56:51 PM »

Registered. In full support of more places to chat about gamedev!

@doomlaser, mark johns
Ramos
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 04:33:11 AM »

I love these old-school layout forums.
Mostly lately I have been using Discord but I tend to see that much information gets lost in an active chat in comparison with the classic forum layouts.

I registered on your site but I haven't gotten an email notification.

When I try to log in it say:
Login

The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator.

My user is "Cristi"

pulse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 12:17:28 PM »

@Ramos That's odd. I activated your account manually so it should work now. Maybe the confirmation email went into spam folder? Anyway, ty for joining!  Gentleman

Also yes I can can barely stand Discord myself  Grin. But everyone is on it so I'm forced to use it. I dislike it quite a bit though, I prefer forums and IRC.
Ramos
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 06:20:35 AM »

Thank you

Patiron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2022, 02:09:45 AM »

It looks interesting enough.
JungleHeart
Level 0

If the scabbard fits, wear it! -Viktor, Suikoden I

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2022, 09:38:56 PM »

Hey there. I'm not into development but I saw you have a games discussion section. I hope it's alright that I join your forum just for that. :D

Xbox Series X and Switch gamer.
pulse
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 03:35:25 PM »

Hey there. I'm not into development but I saw you have a games discussion section. I hope it's alright that I join your forum just for that. :D
Yeah, you're more than welcome Wink
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic