Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411412 Posts in 69360 Topics- by 58415 Members - Latest Member: sophi_26

April 15, 2024, 09:48:23 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArt (Moderator: JWK5)Character Design Survey: Take a Quick Look
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Character Design Survey: Take a Quick Look  (Read 3718 times)
Ego_Shiner
Level 10

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2021, 08:00:02 PM »

Hi, we're a brand new indie studio developing an original IP 2D pixelart fighter. We're looking to just put out a survey on some of our character designs and get some comments as well.

So, separate from your thoughts about the art style, quality or roughness of the drawing, tell us below which character design do you personally prefer, and leave us just a few comments about why you think that is, or even any stray thoughts you might have on the designs.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:49:45 PM by AMAZON » Logged

Lo
rachoac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 11:52:00 AM »

I prefer the the model on the left, it resonates with more about how I feel during this pandemic riddled time.

I'm making Project Samsara!
Visit https://projectsamsara.com/?guest=true to check it out.
Discord: https://discord.gg/Mbt6UfqW6e
mountaindew
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 04:52:48 PM »

The left appears more professionally done. I prefer the left as well, but the right has charm too.
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 03:41:19 AM »

They are obviously two sides of the same character. Like Dr. Jekyll (right) and Mr. Hyde (left).

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
DevianaMagenta
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2022, 05:24:35 PM »

The shading is incredible, and your pixel art is very detailed! This however might be a personal preference, but I think your resolution might be a touch too high, as it is difficult to tell it's pixel art unless I zoom in rather far.

I really love the design, especially of the fox spirit! I like both designs a lot, though the one on the left appeals to me more. The one on the left looks like it would be well-suited to a more adult sort of game with darker themes, whereas the one on the left looks better suited to a game for all-ages, with less dark themes. So I suppose it depends on the style of the game, target audience, and storytelling. Smiley It's also possible that the one on the right is a younger version of the one on the left, if your game's story has a time skip of a couple of years!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2022, 05:36:05 PM by DevianaMagenta » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic