Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 01:14:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingWould love feedback for my new game, Guinea Simulator!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Would love feedback for my new game, Guinea Simulator!  (Read 4128 times)
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2021, 07:36:14 PM »

I created this game called Guinea Simulator! I used Bellsoft Liberica JDK Full 8 to make this game. It might work with other JDKs, but so far, I don't know. I stick with one JDK since I use it to code anything I make. My game requires other .png files which must be downloaded as well and the jar and the pngs must be in the same folder/directory. I think this link might have the zip file with the jar and the pngs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jahbSsum_jQKR_bxwwJlZtvxUzStJsYV/view. Please give feedback!
Edit:
new link with same version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jahbSsum_jQKR_bxwwJlZtvxUzStJsYV/view?usp=sharing New version yet to be released Smiley
Newest Version:
The newest version
Addition: Over 3k views! Thank you!
---MAJOR UPDATE---
I have decided to do a major overhaul of the game! This will let so much more stuff be done! Link for a form to be notified: Form
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 09:48:36 AM by LeninYT » Logged
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 06:39:31 AM »

I get an access denied message when I click your link
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 06:43:00 PM »

Ok, I will make it public. In a few minutes of this post, I will have it public for you and the other good people that would like to play it! Smiley
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 07:26:28 PM »

@jbarrios I hope you are able to play the game Smiley
rachoac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 07:35:36 PM »

Hi,

I managed to pull down guineasim.jar and run it, and what I got was a red screen with a picture of guinea pig that moves around when I use the arrow keys. Am I running the latest version? What is the rest of the game going to be like?

Thanks
Aron

I'm making Project Samsara!
Visit https://projectsamsara.com/?guest=true to check it out.
Discord: https://discord.gg/Mbt6UfqW6e
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 05:44:59 PM »

Hi,

I managed to pull down guineasim.jar and run it, and what I got was a red screen with a picture of guinea pig that moves around when I use the arrow keys. Am I running the latest version? What is the rest of the game going to be like?

Thanks
Aron
This is an early access, and I tend to release ASAP, but my life is kind of not allowing me to work on it, so I am working on it when I have time. Yes, you are using the latest stable version.
agamerdev
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 10:28:43 AM »

it would be nice if you made it an exe, but from what it seems like, its good!
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2022, 09:11:25 AM »

I have not worked on this project, but I will start working on it again, if anyone wants to know!
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 02:54:15 PM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SW96OaKuiOz0_z8PK7cmYj-4felltCCA/view New version of Guinea Simulator! Smiley Smiley Smiley
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 05:45:15 PM »

If that link did not work, try this one instead: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SW96OaKuiOz0_z8PK7cmYj-4felltCCA/view?usp=sharing
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2022, 09:15:09 AM »

Side note: I recommend highly that you do not change the name of the file for the game in the next version, which will take me ~30-45 minutes. Like in Minecraft, it will send a file to send to the directory in the appdata folder. BTW, I am optimizing and changing the code so it takes up less spce and is less confusing. I recommend using a Windows computer; otherwise you will have to download the file again in case you delete it and I have it set up for Windows specifically; nothing against Apple and Linux Smiley
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2022, 05:24:07 PM »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iy_6mR2FRHfVoFFC-3H1w3j-KOpu64UL/view?usp=sharing I added a button for the paypal if you want to donate. I added a few buttons for movement, a button for the PayPal.me link(BTW, here it is: paypal.me/guineasimdonations), added creation of directories for Mac and Linux, and that's it! Please do donate. It helps a lot.
DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2022, 02:22:34 PM »

¨

Well that's a nice Guinea pig. But why is it running on lava?

Not afraid of Java, although I would recommend building exe with an exported jre instead of distributing jars (not everyone will be able (read: willing) to run those).

Unfortunately I could not figure out what the point of the game is. I could run around, I could go offscreen and come back, and I could place myself over the Test House, but that's it, nothing ever happened. Tried to smash my keyboard to find some secret controls... nothing. :p

Maybe I missed something? Or is it just a start of something greater?
The Guinea illustration is great. Did you draw it yourself? I would love to see a whole game in that style. Try to keep your grass green though, instead of, you know... red. :p

Good luck!  Beer!
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2022, 05:39:05 PM »

¨

Well that's a nice Guinea pig. But why is it running on lava?

Not afraid of Java, although I would recommend building exe with an exported jre instead of distributing jars (not everyone will be able (read: willing) to run those).

Unfortunately I could not figure out what the point of the game is. I could run around, I could go offscreen and come back, and I could place myself over the Test House, but that's it, nothing ever happened. Tried to smash my keyboard to find some secret controls... nothing. :p

Maybe I missed something? Or is it just a start of something greater?
The Guinea illustration is great. Did you draw it yourself? I would love to see a whole game in that style. Try to keep your grass green though, instead of, you know... red. :p

Good luck!  Beer!
Hello, I am planning to add more to this game once I add stuff like better terrain. I have been working on a bigger update, which could be the start of something bigger like you said. Also, I am going to port over to a .exe file. I used Java because then I will not have to code for every platform like Linux, macOS, and WIndows, along with Unix-based systems. I am thinking of porting over to an executable file, but not today, but maybe next week.
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2023, 06:53:01 PM »

the new version
Updates:
Some minor changes. BTW the red is actually the floor or a carpet.
LeninYT
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2023, 12:50:16 PM »

I created this game called Guinea Simulator! I used Bellsoft Liberica JDK Full 8 to make this game. It might work with other JDKs, but so far, I don't know. I stick with one JDK since I use it to code anything I make. My game requires other .png files which must be downloaded as well and the jar and the pngs must be in the same folder/directory. I think this link might have the zip file with the jar and the pngs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jahbSsum_jQKR_bxwwJlZtvxUzStJsYV/view. Please give feedback!
Edit:
new link with same version:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jahbSsum_jQKR_bxwwJlZtvxUzStJsYV/view?usp=sharing New version yet to be released Smiley
Newest Version:
The newest version
Addition: Over 3k views! Thank you!
---MAJOR UPDATE---
I have decided to do a major overhaul of the game! This will let so much more stuff be done! Link for a form to be notified: Form
Yes, about that ^...
I have not been able to work on it for a long time due to personal stuff, but I have decided to make a big change!
What's the change, you might ask? I am switching from Java Swing to LWJGL, but I will keep Java Swing in some stuff, such as the titlescreen and an options screen window I am working on! I hope u guys are patient, and can wait for this big change!
These are the changes I am working on:
-Switch to the LWJGL library
-Terrain gen
-Some background music
-Better(smoother) character movement
-And some minor fixes as time goes on!
Hope ur day is going well! Smiley
-LeninYT
--UPDATE--
I have to learn LWJGL since I have never used it before, but it shouldn't take me long, i'm a fast learner Smiley
I have decided to make the music myself, but there will be some background noise because of my low quality setup for music creation, as I have never worked with making music using my piano before. Also, I will make an executable(.exe) file that runs the JVM the way a virtual machine would run an operating system. Test House, or in newer versions, "Player's House", will be an actual house with customization of furniture. My plan is to make it that when you are near the door of the house, the player(the guinea pig) will enter the house and make the house around 90% of the screen, but around the house the terrain will be visible. I will make a youtube video that demonstrates my plan for the game.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 10:01:14 AM by LeninYT » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic