Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411504 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 04:07:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Creative Looking for game programmer with C#/XNA experience for Dream Build Play contest
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Looking for game programmer with C#/XNA experience for Dream Build Play contest  (Read 2346 times)
kiwasabi
BANNED
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2009, 01:09:10 PM »

Team Name:
Subjective Science

Project name:
Project Venus

Brief description:
This project has been in production for the past 8 months or so, although most of that time has been spent on art and game design. The game has extremely high quality art with an exciting new character and the game also has very fun, innovative gameplay. Basically the game is character based Galaga/Space Invaders-type game that is set on the ground plane (z-axis) rather than the air (y-axis). There are several innovative gameplay mechanics that I'd prefer not to go into detail about on gamedev, but if you email me I'd be happy to show you the design document

Target aim:
The aim of this project is to place in the Dream Build Play contest in order to get prize money that will then be put towards further developing the game. After the initial contest deadline we will be further developing the game with the goal of releasing it on Xbox Live Community Games. It is also a possibility that Microsoft will offer us the chance to put the game on Xbox Live Arcade since they did that for several Dream Build Play 2008 contestants (including Dishwasher Samurai).

Compensation:
Up to 15% of contest winnings (which would make your share $6000 if we won, $3000 for 2nd place, $1500 for 3rd place, and $750 for 4th place) depending on amount of time and effort put into project.

Technology:
The game is being developed in XNA/C#.

Talent needed:
C#/XNA Programmer: Several years game programming experience with some experience in C#. XNA experience is a plus and so is graphics programming experience.

Team structure:
Me: Game Designer/Producer/ Art Director- Basically I'm in charge of making sure everything for the game gets done and that everything (art, sound, gameplay, etc) is very polished.

Won K.: Character designer and animator- Been on the team since the beginning back in December 2008. He designed the main character and his contributions are what motivated me to pursue this game.

John F.: Background artist and effects animator- Been on the team since April working on the background for the game.

Carlos V: Gameplay programmer- Just started a few days ago and has been putting in many hours. He is very focused on making the game as good as possible. He is the one who encouraged me to get a Graphics Programmer so that we'll have a better shot at winning.

Andy L: Sound effect designer- Been on the project for 2 months or so and has a done a great job with every sound effect I've requested. Right now he's pretty much done with everything.

Tyler R: Music composer- Been on the project for about a month now. I had lots of trouble with composers in the past (flakiness as well as not being of a high enough quality) so he's actually my forth composer. He's a good friend of many years and won't let me down.

Don't have one just yet.

Contacts:
Email me at [email protected] rather than pming me

Previous Work by Team:
Me: Over one year of playtesting experience at Sony Online Entertainment. I quit that job in order to pursue the creation of this game because they weren't treating me well. I learned a lot about production while I was there because I was forced to communicate with all the different departments: production, programming, art, design, and marketing.

Carlos V: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and has done several freelance programming jobs in the past four years. He has created several game projects in the last 8 or so years.

Additional Info:
Please email me at [email protected] if you're interested so that I can send you the design document. It is fine if you end up not wanting to work on the project.

Any feedback is always strongly encouraged.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 03:47:53 PM by kiwasabi » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic