Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1398333 Posts in 67582 Topics- by 60905 Members - Latest Member: Nadeem4252

January 22, 2022, 04:13:24 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPlay as a night janitor aboard a freighter - my 2021 game finally finished
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Play as a night janitor aboard a freighter - my 2021 game finally finished  (Read 249 times)
Chris Mulholland
Level 0

View Profile
« on: January 02, 2022, 03:12:57 AM »

https://chrismulholland.itch.io/nocturne <- Play

I'd love it if you gave my game Nocturne a try. Nocturne is an eerie 2d pixel 'horror' game where you play as a night janitor aboard a freighter.

I've been working on it far too long and released on December 31 2021 to realize my goal of releasing in 'Winter 2021'. It's hard to finish a game. As the creator you're cursed to see the flaws and things you could've done better and as a result it's hard to call something Finished. This is especially true to how I'm feeling right now. This game's story was one I really wanted to tell but I didn't know if I could make something that would live up to my expectations. Now that I'm done I'm glad to say that I think I did a pretty good job all things considered.

I'm relieved that I have finished another game (a grand total of 2!) and can safely start a new Gamemaker project without the nagging feeling that I should work on my existing project. The possibilities are endless and as the new year rolls around I have one goal for this year: More games, faster.

I hope some of you get a chance to play my game and I hope you enjoy!  Toast Left
- Chris

Screenshots:

if you scrolled this far you might as well play the damn game
 https://chrismulholland.itch.io/nocturne

- Chris
mobilelast
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 03:34:48 AM »

Great atmosphere and storytelling. The sense of loneliness was well conveyed before things started unfolding piece by piece. The first dream was especially spooky. I liked the way you didn't reveal anything too easily. Solving the mechanics took a while, but wasn't frustrating. The floor-cleaning puzzles would make a funny game by themselves. Did they have any effect on the plot?

Some suggestions:
- I'd very much like to use WASD-controls.
- Sound of walking doesn't really fit. It gets irritating especially as there is lots of walking.
- The last chords of Chopin's nocturne are wrong (they are correct in the trailer, though).

I hope to see more stuff like this in the future.
rachoac
Level 0

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 05:28:42 PM »

Beautiful graphical aesthetic, I feel so lonely just looking at it from the video and screenshots. I will download it onto my PC when I get it back and try it.

I'm making Project Samsara!
Visit https://portal.projectsamsara.com/ to check it out.
jbarrios
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2022, 11:05:32 AM »

Hey Chris,

I played your game and recorded my thoughts:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic