Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411512 Posts in 69376 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 09:16:01 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNew top down shooter Robot Street Survival
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New top down shooter Robot Street Survival  (Read 883 times)
Action Tad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 04, 2022, 03:24:01 PM »

I would love any feedback, I made this game over new years eve and new years day.
It has elements of game play that I am using in a more involved game,
I like how it has turned out, and think that I will make a sequel to this one. 
I hope you enjoy it!

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/828078
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:31:07 PM by Action Tad » Logged
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 03:25:28 AM »

A peculiar combination of side-scroller and free movability. At first I was a bit confused that one can only shoot horizontally, but I got used to it quickly. Weapons are well visualized and varied. Graphics are clear and nice, especially the bugs.

The game is mainly about finding better weapons (I didn’t stand a chance against the cars without having all the possible upgrades). I think that’s the main issue with the game, since the plate pattern finding isn’t very interesting.

I might have missed something, but some hints for the plate pressing order (other than playthrough) would be fair. The fact that you have to start over each time you step on the wrong plate leads to lots of walking. Sometimes if you guess wrong, you cannot step on the first plate anymore; that might be a bug.

Other than that, I have couple of suggestions:
- Since the character moves at constant speed, it is sometimes hard to hit objects or a proper plate. Accelerated movement might help.
- Shooting distance could affect the projectile power. That would force the player to get close to the swarm, shoot and then escape at the very last moment, take risks. It would add some sense of fear.

But all in all, a sympathetic game that was fun to play. I hope to see the sequel some day.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
rachoac
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 05:33:33 PM »

What loved about this was the synchronization of the music, sprites, and sound effects, into a rave of destruction.

If I could change one thing, it would be to add some enemies which could be destroyed with fewer hits. Maybe the harder creatures would unlock the levels, and the more disposable ones would be for intermediate fun. Definitely make a sequel!

I'm making Project Samsara!
Visit https://projectsamsara.com/?guest=true to check it out.
Discord: https://discord.gg/Mbt6UfqW6e
Action Tad
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 11:50:55 AM »

Thank you so much for the great feedback! I am currently working on a sequel to this, it will have full 360 shooting and a unique idle aspect to it. Thank you again for playing and taking the time to write good feedback!
jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022, 01:15:22 PM »

Action Tad,

I played your game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic