Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1398333 Posts in 67582 Topics- by 60905 Members - Latest Member: Nadeem4252

January 22, 2022, 04:12:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHop!2D, a different platformer with only 2 control keys (WIP)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Hop!2D, a different platformer with only 2 control keys (WIP)  (Read 180 times)
Asthalis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: January 05, 2022, 01:34:13 PM »

Hello everyone  Wink

Here is Hop!2D, a 2D old-style platform game I made with Godot and I wanted to show you what the playable beta looks like (so far, 50% of the levels is done and I update the game every month).

Hop (the blue one-legged jumping creature) must rescue his girlfriend but, unlike many other platformers, the main chracter jumps all the time and the player can only move him left or right. This apparent limitation is not a problem for Hop, who can climb stairs, use trampolines, switches, moving platforms and air flows, go through breakable walls and even fight bosses.

You can download Hop!2D or play it online.

- download Hop!2D (Windows/Linux/macOS)
- play Hop!2D online (itch.io)

N.B. : the game may show in french first but you can switch to english from the main menu (this setting will be saved).

Here's the game official trailer :

Have fun and feel free to send me sendback Grin

Here are some more screenshots :

« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 01:57:29 PM by Asthalis » Logged

jbarrios
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2022, 11:07:24 AM »

Hey Asthalis,

I played your game

Asthalis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 10:57:25 AM »

Hey ! Thanks a lot Smiley

As I commented your video, it's great to get such a nice feedback. You only saw a small part of the game but, so far, that was really interesting to see and hear. Was it really your first game on Hop!2D ? You did well if it was so. The game may seem a little empty at the beginning but the first world was clearly designed as a training course, to get used to Hop's moves and jumps. Serious things really start in world 2, which you can directly get to as it is mentionned in the HELP menu. If you wanna try further, well... ok, I can tell you, try typing 110205 in the CODE menu and you will discover new features.

I update Hop!2D monthly and most of the existing UI and levels won't change much from now on as I will focus on new worlds, mechanisms and enemies.

Are you OK if I add your name to the "thanks" part of the ABOUT menu (by the way, what should I write ?) ?
Thanks again and hope to see you soon  Wink
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 11:10:12 AM by Asthalis » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic