Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411525 Posts in 69377 Topics- by 58431 Members - Latest Member: Bohdan_Zoshchenko

April 28, 2024, 04:23:38 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingHop! 2D, a different platformer with only 2 control keys
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Author Topic: Hop! 2D, a different platformer with only 2 control keys  (Read 17215 times)
deathraydreams
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2024, 08:58:05 AM »

I've played the online version but since I came upon some minor stutters that costed me some misjudged jumps, I've also downloaded it.

Asthalis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2024, 10:14:50 AM »

I've played the online version but since I came upon some minor stutters that costed me some misjudged jumps, I've also downloaded it.
Great ! So if you play the downloaded version, it must have created a <Hop2D_PNG> directory where its exe file is. This contains all your (automatic) "game over" screenshots and all the ones you may save by pressing F12 key. You can delete its content if you don't care, it won't affect the gameplay.

Asthalis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2024, 04:14:40 AM »

Hello, it's been a while !

It's time for a new minor update of Hop! 2D.

- Download Hop! 2D 1.2.2
- Play Hop! 2D 1.2.2 online (itch.io)

about this new update :
- Hop! 2D now automatically saves the game if the player completes the last level (hidden saved game)
- 3 of my best times are updated
- one enemy script has been modified (no change for the gameplay)
- some elements have been fixed in 2 levels
- 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 saved games are still usable with this version

One player has reached the last level of Hop! 2D (not completed yet !). I will do a last update if someone manages to finish the game but, until then, I have planned no other modification for Hop! 2D. So you can consider its 1.2.2. version as the final one in terms of gameplay.

You can of course still send me your "game over" screenshots to be mentioned in the RECORDS page of the game.

Asthalis
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2024, 12:21:23 PM »

Hi, I'm back with a new (and most likely last) update of Hop! 2D.

- Download Hop! 2D 1.2.3
- Play Hop! 2D 1.2.3 online (itch.io)

- Look at Hop! 2D 1.2.3 leaderboard

Several remaining micro-bugs were fixed in this new edition but, as usual, gameplay has not changed and you still can reload previous saved games, provided you created them with version 1.2.0 or later. The only thing I still have to do for Hop! 2D is a real trailer and I will eventually be done with my "retro plaformer dreamgame". It's been a long way (I uploaded the first beta version of the game more than 3 years ago) but I'm happy and proud now that this project has reached its final state. It's incredibly rewarding and I thank every beta tester for this !

By the way, ThinKing_2005 has completed Hop! 2D and is now the 2nd winner of the game ! Congratulations, you did very well ! I don't forget I promised to send every winner the game book of Hop! 2D but it seems I have been busier than I thought and, though the french version is almost done, I will need some more time to translate it for native english speakers. Sorry for this and thanks for your patience !

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic