Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:49:12 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDwarf Fortress succession game, Helmauthors - FINISHED! (probably)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress succession game, Helmauthors - FINISHED! (probably)  (Read 45633 times)
mcccclean
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2009, 08:48:01 PM »

Aren't you concerned about fire-spitting dragons? I heard they're heading for your fortress!

UMQIRON BARREL
QIRON BARREL
QIRON BARREL
Kekskiller
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2009, 03:37:47 AM »

Aren't you concerned about fire-spitting dragons? I heard they're heading for your fortress!

UMQIRON BARREL
QIRON BARREL
QIRON BARREL
Should I have played more dwarf fortress to understand it?
mcccclean
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2009, 04:06:58 AM »

Should I have played more dwarf fortress to understand it?

Basically it's the sequence of keystrokes that would queue 90 iron barrels for production. U: units, M: manager, Q: add item, then the name of the item, then how many. 30's the maximum.
Kekskiller
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2009, 05:22:36 AM »

Hey, how about that: voide-controlled dwarf fortress. The player would end up with spastic word combination like:

KHASDIZAWEBRDKALUHDSJHAIUREGAJSDLHFKLJGHSDUFGSORGHLSDUFG

Also suitable for handicapped people.
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2009, 11:52:09 AM »

You only need to type IRON B

Shrug
mcccclean
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2009, 01:56:43 PM »

I didn't have a Dwarf Fortress handy and didn't want to end up with a bunch of iron bars. Sad
mcccclean
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: August 19, 2009, 02:13:48 PM »

So, uh... how's that fortress? What's the new deadline? Bumpity bump?
imaginationac
Level 2

Makin' games instead of makin' money.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2009, 04:02:53 PM »

Hey, yeah...so I know I have until Thursday, but...I'm going to say go ahead and skip me, and take me out of the game. Just started school, plus approaching a game at this state is bit too tough for me. Sorry guys. Sad

Youtube channel | Charger! Dev Log

mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 20, 2009, 02:48:50 AM »

Cry

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: August 20, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »

Well, I've contacted a couple people in the queue, so...we'll see. Shrug

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

"The length of my life was fated long ago "

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »

Well, I can start on this Saturday, things have gotten less crazy for me but I still have to go look for a job tomorrow so Saturday is best at this point.

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2009, 05:02:56 PM »

Well, I've contacted a couple people in the queue, so...we'll see. Shrug

school is starting for me as well soon, but that is no obstacle. I was able to use dwarf fortress to study for business class last semester.

Mah business class fortress had 1800-ish loaves of bread and 2300-ish barrels of harsh brüe for a population of 40 dwarves and about 500 cats.

Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2009, 05:46:46 PM »

Okay, let's just take a day or two off and then let skaldicpoet9 start up again this Saturday. Smiley

school is starting for me as well soon, but that is no obstacle. I was able to use dwarf fortress to study for business class last semester.

Mah business class fortress had 1800-ish loaves of bread and 2300-ish barrels of harsh brüe for a population of 40 dwarves and about 500 cats.

...Holy shnikes, that's a lot of food. WTF

Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2009, 07:11:04 PM »

Okay, let's just take a day or two off and then let skaldicpoet9 start up again this Saturday. Smiley

...Holy shnikes, that's a lot of food. WTF

YYup. cave wheat is one productive fruit. you can make something like a dozen loaves of bread or barrels of brew from a single plant when you mill it.

The problem with that fort was the sheer weight in bread I needed to trade in order to get the simplest things. I tried to buy an anvil, and the value in bread I needed ended up weighing a hell of a lot more than the anvil, so the trader couldn't leave Big Laff

I was playing that one with some mod that added a ton of other factions, so it might have been some quirk of the mod, but I'm still proud of my baker-backed economy.

Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »

Okay, it looks like skaldicpoet9 is going to step up to the plate later tonight...So I'm goign to set the due date for Sunday, August 29th. Whee. Wink

Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2009, 02:05:08 PM »

And skaldic: If it feels like too much work just remember one thing. We'd rather see one season than no season at all! Good luck!

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2009, 05:07:54 PM »

Aye!

Yeah, I got a little sidetracked yesterday (my wife is starting a new job on Monday so she wanted to spend some time this weekend) but rest assured I am striking the earth tonight!

I can't guarantee that it will be the greatest of the Helmauthor saga but it will be a saga nonetheless!

\\\\\\\"Fearlessness is better than a faint heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The date of my death and length of my life were fated long ago.\\\\\\\"
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2009, 04:31:50 AM »

I had mistakenly said the next date was "Sunday the 29th". However, since that day doesn't actually exist, I've updated it to "Sunday the 30th".

How's the fortress doing, skaldicpoet? Wink

skaldicpoet9
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2009, 12:44:53 PM »

It's coming. I am just going to need a few (3 probably) more days. I have been pretty busy lately. I should have it ready by Wednesday. Sorry again for the delay, school just started up again and you know how that goes.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2009, 03:21:54 PM »

Huh?

Pass Go?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic