Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 06:56:25 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralDwarf Fortress succession game, Helmauthors - FINISHED! (probably)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress succession game, Helmauthors - FINISHED! (probably)  (Read 45691 times)
Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2009, 03:23:02 PM »

Huh?

Pass Go?
Collect 200 dollars? Gentleman

Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2009, 05:33:24 PM »

Well, skaldicpoet9 said he'd have it done by this weekend...

Is anyone else itching to take on the fortress? Wink

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 07, 2009, 05:51:31 PM »

Do not pass Go?
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2009, 11:40:46 AM »

Definitively pass Go.
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2009, 12:05:16 PM »

I'll take the fort if no one else has yet.

Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »

I'll make a decision tomorrow (Tuesday).

mark
Level 7

not actually fat, just posing.

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2009, 11:06:29 PM »

I wonder, would this thread eat brains? Panda

I call it the KittenPunisher.

My lisp code told me to leave.
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2009, 07:50:04 PM »

I'll take the fort if no one else has yet.
Okay, apparently skaldicpoet9 has bowed out. So, Markham, since you're here and you asked--you're up! That's my decision and I'm sticking to it. Who, Me?

I'll make it all official tomorrow. >_>

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2009, 05:11:23 PM »

From the journal of Kol Kogankizest, Animal Dissector:

1st Limestone:
Today I was appointed by our mayor as the Sheriff of the fortress, in what seems to be a sudden but temporary lapse in total incompetence.  For years our fortress has been without any sort of justice administration, and I plan to make some serious changes here.  First of all, we need to do something about the lack of a proper jail.  For communal morale and as a reminder to stay in line, I have decided to place the new jail in a very trafficked area - right at our front door.  Dwarves of all kind shall pass by and be reminded of what happens to those who break our laws.

I never thought I would ever say this, but it is fortunate that one of our nobles has some screwed up obsession, and we have a supply of iron chains laying around.  Despite his perverted kink, without it, we probably wouldn't have had any chains for prisoners in the first place.

The next order of business is to improve our metal production.  Some wimps were scared of some little imp things and made some little canal and almost burned the fortress down in the process, but I, for one, am willing to show our military might and free this large area for metal and ore smelting.

Thirdly, a project will be started to keep our enemies from fleeing in cowardice when they attack.  For too long have they attacked us only to run away when only a few of them have fallen.  I plan to make sure they stay until every last one is slaughtered without mercy.

That is all for today.

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2009, 08:17:31 AM »

[Autumn]

12th Limestone

An ambush!  Time to show our military strength against... a... an army of one goblin?

Poor Cog Ashoklor ran around and got himself cornered, where he sustained a blow to the head while beating off the offending goblin before help arrived... and watched.  This fortress has gone too long without proper discipline...

It seems it was a setup!  An ambush to draw attention away from the fort while the thief goes in!  Fortunately for us, the moron decided to try the front door, the door the soldiers need to use to get to the ambusher.

Cog isn't looking too well...

14th Limestone

Another ambush!  Our soldiers came across them while returning to the fort.

They didn't last long.

16th Limestone

I was interrupted today by a dwarf screaming his head off about a goblin snatcher.  We went up top to see what the big deal was, and found a cage.  And angry goblin-filled cage, but a cage no less.  I was about to ask what the big deal was, when a pair of goblins leaped down from above, flailed at us with their scrawny little limbs, and ran off.  Poor Cog got abandoned in the dirt again, as his brave rescuer ran off to go wet himself or something.

20th Limestone

The caravan arrived.  The liaison kept asking for the mayor, but I assured him that the mayor had left me with all the important duties for the time being.  Meanwhile, our trader, Kubuk, walked out of the party he was attending, took one look at the trade depot, and staggered off to his bed.

21st Limestone
Kubuk slept off his hangover, but instead of meeting with the caravan, he heads back to the party again.  I want to punch him in the face.

23rd Limestone
I ordered the Goblin cage to be brought to the depot.  The cage is there, but where in Armok's name did they put the goblin?

Also, Kubuk is a terrible trader.  We couldn't get what we needed without an 8000* markup.

28th Sandstone

I was alerted of another ambush today as the merchants were leaving.  It seems a single goblin has decided to take on the entire trade caravan and their more-than-one guards.

10th Timber
Some migrants arrived.  It irritates me that the mountainhomes sends these useless dwarves to us, but this does help the construction projects get done faster.  They'd better not expect any beds of their own for a while, though.

Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2009, 09:50:08 AM »

I was alerted of another ambush today as the merchants were leaving.  It seems a single goblin has decided to take on the entire trade caravan and their more-than-one guards.
'doo hur hur hur am goblen Durr...? raed is what I do but I have no frend Sad'

Nice to see some life 'round these parts.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2009, 11:18:39 AM »

IT LIIIIIIIVES!
Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2009, 08:32:18 PM »

Woo! Coffee

21st Limestone
Kubuk slept off his hangover, but instead of meeting with the caravan, he heads back to the party again.  I want to punch him in the face.

Haha! Actually, if you "free" whatever statue or meeting hall the party is at, the party will be cancelled. Get back to work, nothing to see here. Ninja

23rd Limestone
I ordered the Goblin cage to be brought to the depot.  The cage is there, but where in Armok's name did they put the goblin?

Oh yeah, I think that's a known bug. If you try to trade creatures in cages, they often escape...

Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2009, 08:54:03 PM »

23rd Limestone

Oh yeah, I think that's a known bug. If you try to trade creatures in cages, they often escape...

I heard it happens when you say you want to trade the cage rather than trade the creature. Dwarves have terribly literal minds.

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2009, 10:12:17 AM »

Well, my writeup was lost in a crash, but the pictures still exist, so I'll try to rewrite what I had.

[Winter]

?? Wintermonth

We are ambushed, and our legendary mechanic, Adil Cattenmes, seems to have trapped himself on the wall.  I've sent help, but with those crossbow goblins, I'm afraid they won't make it in time.

?? Wintermonth

Another ambush!  Another single-goblin ambush?

?? Wintermonth

He managed to dodge many of the bolts by running back and forth on the wall, but it was no use.  Where was our military?  I sent someone to find them.  This whole time they had been attending various parties.

If they weren't the only ones we had, I'd have them all executed.

?? Wintermonth

I'm surrounded by idiots...

?? Wintermonth

We found a goblin snatcher, and this guy tried to take him on, but the goblin jabbed him in the heart.

?? Wintermonth

Another ambush!  By one goblin again...

Meanwhile, legendary minerdwarf, Domas Boardglazed, starts acting funny...

?? Wintermonth

This is either commemorating the loss of Adil Cattenmes, or a tribute to Domas's love for catfish.

?? Wintermonth

Another ambush...

And another...

Chaoseed
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2009, 07:58:15 PM »

It's great to see the fortress is still going strong! Coffee And struggling, of course. Wink

But man, that artifact table actually looks really awesome.  It would be really useful for a noble room.

Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »

It either commemorates a tragic death, or is something the maker likes.

Dwarf Fortress: Your death is on the same level my tastes are.
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2009, 06:59:13 PM »

There has... kinda been a horrible series of accidents this season.  There have been about six casualties...

[edit]
Make that 7.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 07:06:31 PM by Markham » Logged

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2009, 08:08:53 PM »

[Spring]
1st Granite
Okay, now where were we...
The perimeter wall to keep siegeing goblins in is complete, now we just need to add in the floodgates to keep them in when they come.  The new metalworking area is set up, and our smelters are working on melting down excess metal from goblin armor.  The roads to guide travelers have been started, new rooms for offices dug out, the jail cells are simply waiting for chains, and we seem to have a small supply of caged goblins.  I'm getting more ideas...

12th Granite

Peasant Likast Enterpaged came across a kobold today.  In the name of the fortress, Likast broke every bone in the kobold's body while loosing an eye..

15th Granite
Something seems odd outside the Southeastern wall.  I can't see anything, but I think I'll try to keep the military for partying.

We've been ambushed!  By elves!  They certainly do a better job at bringing more forces with them than the goblins are.  They're also right at the only open door right now, so anyone outside the wall may be screwed at the moment...

Another ambush!  Suddenly an army of horses sprang up from beneath the elves!  Wait, what?
Uh... right.  Poor Melbil Armorhairs.  I fear that he may not quite live up to his name...

[I think I lost this image]
And a... third ambush.  Some more elves just popped up underneath the horses...

And a fourth?  Some more horses underneath the elves underneath the other horses underneath the other elves...  Can someone tell me what in Armok is going on?

Melbil somehow escaped from being surrounded.  It seems that the elves have no freaking clue how to use their bows?

16th Granite

Another ambush of horses?

A sixth ambush?  Some elves popped up from beneath the horses?  I'm insane.  I'm insane, right?  This is all a hallucination.  It's got to be.

And we have a theif now?

17th Granite
The elven/horse army appears to be wandering aimlessly...

20th Granite

As quick as it started, it was over.  The elves did a great job at filling the ground in front of them with arrows and the horses just kind of wandered around after the elves above/beneath them were killed off, so we made it through mostly unscathed.  Where did I miss the part that we were apparantly at war with the looney bin?

22nd Granite

Oh, for crying out loud!

Great.

IT'S NOT OVER YET, GUYS!   Big Laff

BLARGHBAGARFGABARVVV!

24th Granite

We weren't as lucky this time.  There were over 40 of them, elves and horses combined.  Elite wrestler Meng took an arrow to the face, and his dieing moments were spent chasing down the elf that shot him and punching his face in.

2nd Slate
Still dealing with the aftermath.  All these elf corpses all over the place... kindofa mess.  Shorast Echomachine is acting a bit weird, though.  He's taken over a craftsdwarf workshop.

6th Slate
He's started doing something...

11th Slate

18th Slate

There has been a sudden challenge to my authority.  Also, we reeealy need more rooms now.  The population is up to 119 now.

28th Slate
The tax collector wants three bucklers.  Are those the currency, now?

5th Felsite

Logem Fireyrope is hunting.  I think he's doing a great job at it.

20th Felsite

We had an accident, somehow.  Udib, woodcutter, and Logem, Herbalist both fell 16 floors to their deaths.  We are currently waiting for their heads and limbs to come back down.

Do floors no longer stick next to fortifications, now?

22nd Felsite

I guess not?  I have no idea why this isn't working.  Zuntir, a planter, was crushed under the falling floor this time.  I'll try sticking a wall underneath where I'm trying to put a floor.

23rd Felsite

Dobar, our legendary weaver died after somehow getting sucked down the hole he made.  He made the hole yesterday, but he didn't finish falling until today.

What a mess.  This is going to be a pain to clean up.  Is the janitor guy still alive?

23rd Felsite

Rovod Adaserith, leatherworker met his demise after the wall he was constructing somehow lost cohesion with the neighboring walls and collapsed, causing him to fall about 33 floors.

mcccclean
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2009, 03:39:30 AM »

What IS this lethal excavation project?!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic