Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:15:19 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhall[PC/MAC/BROWSER] Stained Glass Sky - Cute, Emotional Sci-fi Visual Novel!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [PC/MAC/BROWSER] Stained Glass Sky - Cute, Emotional Sci-fi Visual Novel!  (Read 641 times)
minkonn
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 04, 2022, 11:29:42 PM »

.✧ :-Stained Glass Sky-: ✧.

Play for free on Itch! https://minkonn.itch.io/stained-glass-sky
Follow my socials (if you wanna) for future devlogs, art and updates!! https://minkonn.carrd.co/

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

A cute but heart-wrenching science-fiction visual novel about two researchers on a far off planet, who finally see the UFO they've been looking for in the night sky above.

Done in around 4 days for Weekly Game Jam 238, with a theme of UFO and a playtime of (around) 15 minutes. My first proper published game! :]

·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .   .·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

Hey everyone!! I'm posting my game on here in order to get more comfortable with sharing my work with the world and others, as well as hopefully getting some critique and also just sharing my game for those who might be interested!
It's been a very hectic but exciting few days and now that I've taken a bit of a break I'm going over my first jam experience + my game as a whole and seeing what I could do better and improve on with my next game.

I would really really appreciate some critique! What did you like about Stained Glass Sky and what did you think I could improve on with my next game?

Some of the things I've come up with to improve on with my next VN are:

- More varied and interesting backgrounds, character sprites, and character placements on-screen

- A story hook that is more unique and hooks my target audience (quirky story-rich pixel-art indie game fans) in

- A main visual / itch thumbnail that is more interesting and hooks my target audience in (probably with a character in the thumbnail since I feel like that would appeal to people more than just the UFO CG I used, especially because character art is more my strength)

- A more striking and solidified visual style (the monochromatic green DOES have a thematic purpose in this game, but I think I wanna go for something more eye-catching with my next game)

- More interesting character designs / more memorable characters

- And finally, finding some way to export and resize my pixel art so it doesn't end up being smoothed out (which happens for quite a few sprites in this game for some reason, most notably the down arrow sprite when you're doing downstairs to the storage room)

I think my main takeaway from this is just to think more about my target audience and the audience perception of my future games when making it, so I can make something that catches the eye of the people who I think might enjoy my work!

Thank you for reading if you've read this far and I hope you enjoy my game!! ヾ(_ _。)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic