Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:48:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[REVSHARE] 2D Fantasy RPG: Looking for programmer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [REVSHARE] 2D Fantasy RPG: Looking for programmer  (Read 882 times)
Mr. eggtrain
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2022, 03:31:24 PM »

Hi everyone!

We´re a team of developers looking for another programmer to create a 2D fantasy RPG. The inspiration for the game comes from games such as Undertale, Final Fantasy Legend, Buriedbornes and Dark Souls. The main appeal for the player will be the mystery and true nature of the world he´s thrown into, so I can´t write too much about it in a public forum without spoiling it but here´s the general concept: In the game you will be climbing a tower fighting battles, solving puzzles and making choices along the way. It will be very old school in the sense that the player isn`t spoon-fed all the information about the game mechanics and story so that they will have to find out about a lot of the functions by trial and error. The story is also kinda meta in a way. It is a story that could only be told through the medium of games. We aim to to bridge the disconnect between gameplay and story found in so many games (especially rpgs). All of (or at least the overwhelming) majority of the battles will be turn-based boss battles. Depending on the enemy and choices made in the game you will have options during battle besides attack, defend, item etc. It also has replay value in a sense since the story continues after finishing it once but overall it won`t be a very long game.
Our current team is made up of me (game design), a programmer, an artist and sound designer. We are planning on launching the game on Steam once its finished and sharing the revenue. Experience using GameMaker would be ideal!

If you´re interested, reply to this thread or contact me on discord: Chrnss#7897
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic