Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 12:22:18 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsAutotelia (habit tracker rpg with waifus)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Autotelia (habit tracker rpg with waifus)  (Read 1115 times)
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2022, 02:22:07 PM »

Hello dev friends!

I told myself today's the day I have to make my devlog (even if I don't feel "ready"), because I need accountability... And 2/22/22 seems like a lucky number

[Autotelia]
(A habit tracker, 2d rpg side scroller, waifu/gacha collector)
Previously also called "Grynd.rpg" or "Input Meta"

[Game Mechanics]

- Input minutes you have worked on a project to gain money and power as well as story progression
- Procedurally generated, sidescrolling dungeons to gather resources in and fight monsters/demons
- Collect furniture parts to improve your base
- Befriend NPC's with friendly AI
- The use of every addictive strategy in the book in order to encourage the player to pursue his real life passions and to have a pocket companion supporting him all the way

[Story]
Your goal is to help a drab little office drone angel named Grynder who wanted more in life and always saw himself as a loser. He sees all the other angels in his office pass him by, gaining respect and ranks while he always seems to be left behind. He one day decides to go on a mission on one of the most dangerous and condemned planets to make a name for himself or die trying. As the "entity" that provides his sword with power, you help him gain power and fulfill his dreams to become a great demon killer. He goes from being a lone soldier to becoming a great king.

[Link to concept art]

https://imgur.com/a/jWY3Z2v

[Current Progress]
Demo: ~40% finished
- Input Calculator (completed)
- Inventory (in progress)
- Dungeons
- Gacha Wheel
- Shop

Since this is my first game, I decided to make a mockup of the basic mechanics to test it out.

Full Game: 0% finished

[Personal Comment]

I always considered myself an artist, but for life circumstances and illness reasons put down the pen for a long period of time. It's hard to get back into it as an adult, and so I made this game to encourage me... and anyone else who feels like they're "late" in life. Well, I also had to balance the fear of being criticized against the fear of never finishing the game due to lack of accountability and motivation "I need this game to make the game" ahaha.

Secondly, today is my 2 months drug-free anniversary. I have destroyed my brain so much. I need to challenge it to get it back. I hope... No! We are *all* gonna make it.

[Updates]
I will strive to post an update every Friday.

[Misc.]
What makes it different from other habit trackers on the market?
Handsome guys and cute girls.
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 07:10:28 PM »

[WEEK 1] (as of starting this thread)
DEMO PROGRESS: 40%

This Week's Progress
- (re)creating the confirmation dialogue UI to use/sell items

comment: I accidentally lost some files so I am still working on restoring the inventory function. I noticed that the scripts for the buttons were saved, but the dialogue itself was not.
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »

[Week 2]
(Actually, I started building this project July of 2021, but worked on it sporadically)
DEMO PROGRESS: 40%

Where are my manners?
I promised waifus, and I shall provide waifus.
More art is in the imgur link in the first post.

Concept art idea again for Grynder's mentor/supervisor, Charcoal (temporary name)
I wanted to try out a white suit and a red jacket. She's a bit of a diva.
She is your first waifu, but she knows you're going to a planet with plenty of tempting demonesses.

Edit: since I can't get the gif to work, I'll just put a screenshot here for now. You can see a video below:
 https://i.imgur.com/e1RYsFo.mp4

This week's progress:
- plus and minus buttons work
- confirm button works
- items are displayed according to item clicked
- inventory updates after selling or discarding (but need to switch tabs to refresh, for now)

comment:
There's still more work to be done with the UI.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2022, 07:38:45 PM by awetos » Logged
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 11:05:58 AM »

[Week 3]

Began work on the dungeon map scene in the demo. (The real game is a planet, not an island!)
I need to figure out how to code a custom camera controller to pan and zoom in with touch and mouse input, since the scroll rect doesn't do all that I want it to.

This week's progress:
- Completely finished inventory!
- using an item removes 1 item
- refresh UI after item use
- close dialogue after using an item.

Comment:
Sorry this week's update was a few days late.
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2022, 07:02:44 PM »

[Week 4]

Thought about making the first demon you meet is fear instead of laziness.

Hi dev friends,
No (programming) update this week. Busy with class work and life stuff.

Ironically, for a game about productivity, the developer seems to be ............
I need to hurry and code the contract where if I don't say what I said I'll do, I lose all my inventory and money!

awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 03:56:38 PM »

[Week 5 + 6]

This week's progress
- arranged the shop page's UI
- wrote a plan for coding the shop page

comment:
I set aside the dungeon for now to work on the shop. I think I'll tinker with the camera stuff in the summer.
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 05:02:56 PM »

[Week 7]

This week's progress
- Created a Shop Item Unit with prefab and script to showcase new stock, including shortening longer prices into 3 digit displays
- Starting coding the shop restocker's "buckets" to draw item pools from

comment:
I had another busy week again, but I think I am starting to build momentum!
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2022, 08:51:11 PM »

[Week 8]

This week's progress
- Finished coding the "shopbuckets" to draw item pools from
- Randomly selects an item based on rarity (eg. 67% chance of a common item), then randomly selects an item from the corresponding bucket (eg. 8 items in the common items bucket)
- Began working on price ranges based on rarity.

Developer's comment:

I feel like the slowest developer alive. But I guess it's like they say, no matter how slow you are, you're lapping the guy on the couch.

edit: removed some rambling and added an image.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2022, 08:58:59 PM by awetos » Logged
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 08:43:14 PM »

[Week 9]

Just for fun, I designed some "blood moon contract" items, eg. promising you'll work 4, 10, or 20 hours this week, with corresponding punishments if you do not fulfill it.

There should also be a set of "golden empress contract" items, where instead of punishment you are rewarded if they are in effect, maybe increasing your rewards by 10%, 50%, or 100% should you fulfill the hourly requirements this week.

I think the final game will have all sorts of fun contracts that give boosters or punishments.

How they might look in the shop
(background and display case will be drawn later)

This week's progress
- randomly generates an item, with a random stack amount and random price (within a range) according to rarity.

Developer's comment:
I've got some stuff in May, so the next update will be June 1.
awetos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2022, 05:00:05 AM »

[June Update]

This update's progress:

Refresh:
- Restocks 3 times a day (7AM, 1PM, 9PM)

Dialogue:
- Fade in animation
- Displays item information when clicked
- Scrolling enabled for long descriptions
- Choose amount of items you want to buy
- Show current bank amount
= Total price changes color according to if you have enough coin (needs fixing)

Developer's comment:
I still laugh at the fact that I only have 7,294 currency in game. It's my own game and I'm poor in it.

I look forward to actually drawing a nice display case and background, maybe come up with more items. I think I might stick to monthly updates instead.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic