Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:15:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingXform - the prototype demo
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Xform - the prototype demo  (Read 781 times)
marvoc
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2022, 11:25:53 AM »

Hi guys,
 after long evenings I can present you my prototype demo. Link to download you will find below Youtube video.
If you are interested, test it and send me feedback if you want, but first of all enjoy it and have fun Smiley

Fed101
Level 0

-

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2022, 10:27:01 PM »

I tried the demo. Played the tutorial and three or four missions. I like it, it has a lot of potential!  Hand Thumbs Up Right
My first suggestion is to try to implement a coop mode, would be great for this game!

Then, I would maybe re-think how to manage the research of new units. Since you don't know the next mission which kind of enemies you will encounter, I have the feeling that having researched the right ones for the mission is kinda matter of luck at the moment.

But hey, for being a prototype demo is very good! Keep up the good work! Smiley
marvoc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 01:45:35 AM »

Thank you for constructive feedback Smiley

Yes coop mode was one of my first ideas to do some combos (units which can work together) with 2 players. But now I have to clean whole code and maybe will already count with this option.

About researched units, first idea was to keep some decision on the player, to don't have it too linear.

Thanks Wink
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 03:48:25 PM »

Just here to drop you a warning from my own experiences.

If you’re planning an online multiplayer mode, be aware that transitioning from single player to online gaming may be a huge one. So if you’re already polishing the code, consider building the game logic on some online framework right away. Sure it adds overhead, but will pay in the long run.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
marvoc
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 08:36:54 AM »

Thanks, my idea was to have multiplayer only as hot-seat because it is more easy to do and I'm missing this type of multiplayer mode in most of the games.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic