Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 11:14:46 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingMR.FILTON DELUXE | Drawing Survival Game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MR.FILTON DELUXE | Drawing Survival Game  (Read 723 times)
InfiniteGamesDS
Level 0

It's mee!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 04, 2022, 08:28:38 AM »

Today i've finished the Ludum Dare 50th Edition with a cool entry, this is a survival where you draw things that protect you from danger.
Your goal is to protect your heart in the screen as long as you can by using drawing utilities like brushes with multiple colors.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 08:39:09 AM by InfiniteGamesDS » Logged

InfiniteGamesDS
Level 0

It's mee!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 03:52:35 AM »

My Word!NEW UPDATE!  Gentleman
-Save/Load your creations
-Skip drawing time to battle.
-More hints and creation HP show up.
-More Ink on enemy kill for your drawing.

michaelplzno
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2022, 04:59:37 AM »

Hey, this is really cool. Clever concept. Getting a "narrator" character right is super difficult. I'm working on that right now for my own projects  Toast Left . I think your incarnation needs a bit of polish because I was still confused after the narrator told me their bit.

Couple of thoughts:

HP meter for baddies.
Clicking on the screen brings up the DRAW menu instead of doing nothing.
Colors/Line Thickness costs different things and also have different powers/stats that affect the game.
More clear on how much the ink meter goes up/down (Maybe number bleed or some kind of UI to display it.)
Way to duplicate creations you like. If you spend a while drawing something cool, I'd like to spawn a lot of them.

Anyway, I think this one is a winner if executed correctly. Let me know if you want me to play a new build, just reach out to me @michaelplzno or via email or something (I only randomly check here.)

InfiniteGamesDS
Level 0

It's mee!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 10:55:28 AM »

Hey, this is really cool. Clever concept. Getting a "narrator" character right is super difficult. I'm working on that right now for my own projects  Toast Left . I think your incarnation needs a bit of polish because I was still confused after the narrator told me their bit.

Couple of thoughts:

HP meter for baddies.
Clicking on the screen brings up the DRAW menu instead of doing nothing.
Colors/Line Thickness costs different things and also have different powers/stats that affect the game.
More clear on how much the ink meter goes up/down (Maybe number bleed or some kind of UI to display it.)
Way to duplicate creations you like. If you spend a while drawing something cool, I'd like to spawn a lot of them.

Anyway, I think this one is a winner if executed correctly. Let me know if you want me to play a new build, just reach out to me @michaelplzno or via email or something (I only randomly check here.)

Thank you very much Michael, i think for the first time i have done something real good for just 3 days, i'm going for the "do everything you want" and following great feedback like yours, things like Gallery of your past creations, and making it more sandbox "Drawing even structures or Backgrounds", so that you can extend a huge world of living drawings.

Im still thinking about how to make the final..  My Word!

I'll keep working on this calmly as i'm about to start working with Legacy Labs as game engineer.
Thx for the support! And i'll make sure to send you an email about the new build  Coffee

-Dennis Nahogara-

jbarrios
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 10:29:22 AM »

Hey InfiniteGamesDS,

I played your game

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic