Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:03:11 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingOuija Online - a web horror experience
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Ouija Online - a web horror experience  (Read 1025 times)
baobabkoodaa
TIGBaby

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2022, 08:31:11 AM »

A web horror experience where you communicate with spirits using a Ouija board.

Despite existing only as a web page, the spirits have the ability to move the player's mouse towards letters on the board. Two different chatbots available: a scripted experience with 2 achievements to unlock, and for players who have OpenAI API keys, there is a more versatile GPT-3 mode.

Play it here for free: https://ouija.attejuvonen.fi

DarkGran
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2022, 02:31:43 PM »

Hi. :)

Interesting idea, although I got bored rather quickly (especially because the tip said "find out what it is", and I basically got the answer when I asked "who are you"? :P not sure what I should chat about with an AI pretending to be a spirit :P). But I can easily imagine it as a minigame (as part of a bigger whole).
The visuals are real nice. :)
One note though, the mouse seemed pretty laggy and it took me a long time to find out how to get the letter. Moving the mouse slower helped a bit with both.

Good luck on your next project. :)
mobilelast
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 03:44:17 PM »

The demon was from the same town where I live... Scary. I think it's too late for this kind of game.

Mouse snapping to letters works surprisingly well, and slow tempo makes the game suspenseful. With enhanced and more dynamic discussion this could be a very entertaining piece of art. For instance, the spirit could start to threaten the player, and there should be a real threat of jumpscare if it gets angry.

Avaruustaistelupeli (ATP) - a space combat game
- Free download from itch.io or IndieDB
- Dev diary here
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic